Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 02:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation-GMAT 730 work ex 2.8 Years

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation-GMAT 730 work ex 2.8 Years [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 12:16
Profile Evaluation-GMAT 730 work ex 2.8 Years

GMAT Score: 730

Indian, Male, 24 years

Graduated in Computer Science in 2009: CGPA: 6.60/10(66%)

Work Experience: 2.8 years(as of now) in IT industry , working for Infosys Limited as a Software Engineer.

Have decent extracurricular activities and organisation level activities but they may not show up my leadership capabilities.

I want to do 2 year full time MBA ,preferably in Consulting or HR

Kindly please suggest some good colleges which i can target for my profile. Also let me know of my chances of getting into NUS Singapore with this profile.

Thanks & Regards,
Chaitanya
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation-GMAT 730 work ex 2.8 Years [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 17:06
Expert's post
You should have a shot at NUS as you have all the right credentials. Your challenge, as you likely know is standing out in a very populated pool of similar applicants--even people who have worked at Infosys! You need to be asking yourself how you are distinctive from the next person with similar or even exactly the same credentials. Make sure you dive deeply in to the personal part of your story--remember nobody but you has your exact story--even someone with the same resume and background. As for schools in the US, I would stay in the top 10 -15 and target schools which seem to be a good fit for your desired learning style. You can go into HR or consulting with an accredited MBA from any school. It's actually a good year to apply to US schools, since the economy has finally resulted in fewer applicants for a change and even fewer international applicants which is not always the case.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews