Joined: 26 Jun 2013
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Schools: Ross '17 (S)
, Johnson '17 (A)
, Kelley '17 (D)
, Tepper '17 (WL)
, Kenan-Flagler '17 (D)
, McDonough '17 (A)
, ISB '16 (S)
, Goizueta '17 (A)
, Owen '17 (D)
, Olin '17 (D)
, Mendoza '17 (WL)
, Smith '17 (WL)
, Cox '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
, given: 2
PROFILE EVALUATION: GMAT 740 , 3YRS WORK EXPERIENCE [#permalink]
14 Aug 2014, 16:24
Could you please evaluate my profile?
Profile: Male, Indian, 3+ years of work experience
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Technology from National Institute of Technology, Calicut, one of the most premier institute of technology in India.
Graduated with First Class.
Years of graduation:2007-2011
GMAT in the order taken:-
GMAT: 690 (87%) QA: 48 (74%) VA: 36 (81%) AWA: 5.5 (81%) IR:4 (37%)
GMAT: 700 (89%) QA: 50 (88%) VA: 34 (71%) AWA: 5 (60%) IR:7 (81%)
GMAT: 740 (97%) QA: 49 (79%) VA: 41 (94%) AWA: 5 (60%) IR:3 (25%)
I am currently working as a Software Engineer in Misys Financial Software.
Major responsibilities include leading the development of the functionality of the Lending module in the retail banking product FusionBanking Essence and supporting the banks live on our products.
Developed a strong sense of the entire working of the banking system and improved my domain knowledge.
• Received the Highest Performance rating of Role Model in all the three financial years during 2012 - 2014.
• Promoted to a more senior role of Software Engineer in two years.
• Led a team of 6 developers in the lending enhancements project of the product FusionBanking Essence 4.0, for which The Student Loans Company in the UK has signed a deal worth over GBP 5.9M.
• Improved the performance of the loan establishment process by 50% which was critical for a large upgrade deal worth over €2.5M for FusionBanking Essence 4.0 at CRDB Bank, Tanzania.
• Analyzed and fixed a large number of critical lending defects which was vital in the implementation, a deal worth USD 3.5M, of the Bankfusion Universal Banking (BFUB) 2.3 at Awash International Bank, Ethiopia.
• Recommended changes in the existing development process and tools to improve productivity and to reduce introduction of regression defects.
• Played a critical role in the implementation of BFUB 2.0.1 in Cooperative Bank of Kenya (COPK). This implementation was recognized by Misys as the best implementation of the product till date.
• Spearheaded the performance improvement of the End of Day (EOD) lending batch processes by 20-30% at COPK.
• Involved in the development of a compact form of loan establishment, which will allow the bank teller to create retail/enterprise loans in less than 10 minutes.
• Trained new joiners on setting up the workspace for development and enhancing their knowledge on banking
Awards and Honors:-
• Misys Spot Award (Apr’14) awarded for delivering crucial functionality of Blocking feature with close to zero defects. This feat was considered phenomenal as this achievement helped in boosting the morale of the team during a tough phase.
• Misys Spot Award (Oct’13) awarded for ensuring timely functional and performance fixes of a previous release of FusionBanking Essence 2.3 and for improving the existing development process.
• Misys Spot Award (Apr’13) awarded for providing on-time defect fixes and collaborating with the testing team to ensure the go-live of COPK happened on time.
• Misys Spot Award (May’12) awarded for supporting the Misys Academy Team in consuming the previous releases of BFUB and for taking initiative to train and guide the new joiners.
• Misys Team Award (Feb’12) awarded for working exceptionally well as a team to fix the existing backlog of issues. This resulted in early adoption of BFUB 2.01 by COPK.
At college, I was the marketing coordinator leading the marketing teams of two college level festivals.
For the cultural festival, I brokered a sponsorship deal worth more than RS 400,000 between a sponsor and the college.
For the technical festival, I managed a laptop fair, in association with a local laptop dealer, which provided laptops at discounted prices to the students.
I was also involved in several other college clubs and its activities.
I managed to form a Misys Soccer Club post work. Initially a club with only 8-10 players has now transformed into a club with more than 20 members. I am currently driving the club to take it into tournaments.
Take up a career in Technology Consulting. Use my knowledge gained in the banking domain to fill up the existing gaps in the finance services sector. I am looking for a career change in the same field I am currently involved in. An MBA from a good college will surely improve my chances to get the right role.
I am planning to apply to Cornell, UCLA and CMU this round. Need your advice.
Thank you in advance!!