Hi all, perhaps my first post here. Need some serious guidance as there is lot of confusion at the moment. Below is my profile-
• 2006 B-Tech graduate from a top Indian university, GPA is around 3.0(7.5 GPA on university’s scale), and currently working with a top IT service provider in India
• I have 7.8(96 months) years of professional work experience in IT/Services/Telecom and Customer Experience, with 3 years of international exposure and assignments at client location in the UK, in diverse profiles, majoring operations management/customer experience/implementation management/business analysis and driving projects generating quarterly revenues upwards of 1 million GBP. Because of the successfully delivered business solutions to the customer, I have received several accolades at various points in my career, from both employer and client side senior management.
• Have lead a team of 4 people while managing operations for a telecom major client, mentoring them and conductive knowledgement management sessions for improved operational efficiency. Similarly, have lead several teams when managing customer experience and for successful implementation of various projects at client site
• My good work record will enable me to get good recommendations from people I have worked with and my supervisors who think greatly about me
• On the extracurricular front, I have always pursued my interests despite any barriers-(not sure if all are appropriate to mention)
1. Have pursued a course in disc jockeying as being passionate about music
2. Have done a cookery course and acquired cooking expertise all these years as a side interest
3. Have been a part of international fashion weeks in Milan, Berlin and London as a ramp model, and have done several shoots and acted in short fashion films in the last 5 years. Some of these shows i did were organized for charity causes, like for GOSH(Great Ormond Street Hospital) charity for children in the UK, for funding cancer research UK etc, and the shows were a big hit.
4. Have acquired fitness know how all these years and regularly help people achieve their fitness goals via social networking forums
5. Have coordinated and helped in raising funds(>$2000) for underprivileged and less fortunate/bereaved part time working peers, hailing from poor backgrounds, helping their families to run their expenses
• I have put good effort to sum all of the above in my CV as a reflection of my profile and i am currently working on my essays
Now on the downside
GMAT- 600(Q44 V29).(Pathetic) This is my first attempt, and i was aiming 700 but guess i didnt manage my time good enough in verbal
Previously I wanted to aim for the top 10 in US, but my GMAT score is a killer. Please advice what schools should I apply to, or rather retake the GMAT shortly and then apply. But I will miss the final rounds for many colleges, for Fall 2014, which is when I want my program to start. Hence the confusion