Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs]

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs] [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 02:30
Hi ,
I appeared for GMAT and got a score of 620[47Q/27V].

Please find below further details on my academics and work-experience:

Work experience : 5 years in IT industry.
Graduate GPA : 8.64/10

During the 5 years of work experience i have worked with US based clients and even traveled to US for work. I have bagged multiple accolades/certificates and appreciations from the clients and my own company for the quality of work delivered.
On a personal front i have an appetite for exploring varied cultures and have traveled across UK, Singapore, US, Malaysia and Thailand for the same.
I was the founder of an NGO during my college days which is active till date. I am also an active participant in Corporate Community Service programs.

Please let me know my chances of getting through the MBA programs in NUS/NTU/SMU. Apart from these are there any other top colleges which would best suit my profile .

Thanks and Regards,
Swati
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs] [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 12:59
swatimishra11 wrote:
Hi ,

During the 5 years of work experience i have worked with US based clients and even traveled to US for work. I have bagged multiple accolades/certificates and appreciations from the clients and my own company for the quality of work delivered.
On a personal front i have an appetite for exploring varied cultures and have traveled across UK, Singapore, US, Malaysia and Thailand for the same.
I was the founder of an NGO during my college days which is active till date. I am also an active participant in Corporate Community Service programs.

Please let me know my chances of getting through the MBA programs in NUS/NTU/SMU. Apart from these are there any other top colleges which would best suit my profile .

Thanks and Regards,
Swati

Hi swatimishra11,

Thanks for writing here.

Not sure, if you like bad news first or GOOD. I start with bad news first.

1) I hate to be a flag bearer of disappointing news, but your GMAT is on lower side of the schools mentioned by you. Your essays must be able to communicate very UNIQUE story of your candidature. Please do not miss to mention all the unique points of extra curriculars that you have mentioned, use your travel experience and work experience to prove that you bring much more on table that the other 700+ guys do bring. Your essays become too important when your GMAT score is lower than the average.

Apart from the above mentioned points, highlight your leadership experiences. With 5 years of experience, the school will expect some leadership initiative from you at work. Your leadership story at NGO might not be enough.

2) The schools mentioned by you have very low intakes. The competition is very intense at these schools considering the fact that the cost of education is very low.

Now good news is that

1) I have seen people getting into these schools with 600-640 GMAT scores, so do not worry about GMAT when you can not change. (if you think you can re-take and score high, re-take else prepare a killer application)

2) The other good news is that your quant is better. At non US/Canada/Australia B-schools, verbal score is very important, but NOT the only guage to fathom your verbal skills.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to get back to me for any other doubts.

Good luck and thanks

P.S. : have you only screened Asian schools or have you given thought to go for other b-schools. Do not take decision for the sake of taking, think, explore and decide. Please let me know if you need perspectives for other regions.

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs] [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 20:56
OasisGC wrote:
swatimishra11 wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks and Regards,
Swati

Hi swatimishra11,

Thanks for writing here.

1) I hate to be a flag bearer of disappointing news, but your GMAT is on lower side of the schools mentioned by you. Your essays must be able to communicate very UNIQUE story of your candidature. Please do not miss to mention all the unique points of extra curriculars that you have mentioned, use your travel experience and work experience to prove that you bring much more on table that the other 700+ guys do bring. Your essays become too important when your GMAT score is lower than the average.

Apart from the above mentioned points, highlight your leadership experiences. With 5 years of experience, the school will expect some leadership initiative from you at work. Your leadership story at NGO might not be enough.

2) The schools mentioned by you have very low intakes. The competition is very intense at these schools considering the fact that the cost of education is very low.

Now good news is that

1) I have seen people getting into these schools with 600-640 GMAT scores, so do not worry about GMAT when you can not change. (if you think you can re-take and score high, re-take else prepare a killer application)

2) The other good news is that your quant is better. At non US/Canada/Australia B-schools, verbal score is very important, but NOT the only guage to fathom your verbal skills.

I hope this helps.

Good luck and thanks

P.S. : have you only screened Asian schools or have you given thought to go for other b-schools. Do not take decision for the sake of taking, think, explore and decide. Please let me know if you need perspectives for other regions.

Hi,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. I just received my essay score and its a 5.5/6. Would that help in compensating for my low verbal score in any way? Also, which colleges apart from the ones i have mentioned would you suggest would suit my profile. Please do let me know so that i can better prepare myself.

Thanks again for all the guidance.

Thanks,
Swati
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs] [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 08:09
swatimishra11 wrote:
OasisGC wrote:
swatimishra11 wrote:
Hi ,

Thanks and Regards,
Swati

Hi swatimishra11,

Thanks for writing here.

Now good news is that

I hope this helps.

Good luck and thanks

Hi,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback. I just received my essay score and its a 5.5/6. Would that help in compensating for my low verbal score in any way? Also, which colleges apart from the ones i have mentioned would you suggest would suit my profile. Please do let me know so that i can better prepare myself.

Thanks again for all the guidance.

Thanks,
Swati

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

Congrats on good AWA score, this might not directly give you an edge for your weak verbal score, but it definately helps you to communicate that you have clarity of thought. Prove the same when you write your optional essay (if any)

I am sorry, but I can not recommend any schools until and unless I do not know where you want to settle post your MBA and what are your goals post MBA, this is not important for choosing the school but it is also important for your personal and professional life because you will have a changed life (both personal and professional) post your MBA.

So, please work on both these questions (do not rush, take time) and come back to me we can discuss the same for a few mins, i might then give you an advice that would make sense.

Good luck for your future

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Profile evaluation GMAT score 620 Indian/Female/IT[5yrs]   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2013, 08:09