Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 14:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation HBS 2+2 (M/French)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT Date: 09-20-2013
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation HBS 2+2 (M/French) [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 01:27
Hi :)

Since HBS recently opened its 2+2 program to graduates from Master's degree program, I will be applying for round 2.

21, male, French

Undergrad :

Top French school for political science (n°1 in France, top 5 in Europe, most certainly known by HBS) : GPA equivalent 3.7

One-year study abroad at Johns Hopkins (poli sci & international studies) : 3.76 GPA

Grad :

M.A. in International Security at the same French School, same grade (about 3.7 GPA equivalent)

Experience :

1 month summer internship at a research center as assistant to a professor (sophomore year)

5 month part-time at a corporate foundation financed by major French industrial groups, mostly from the aerospace/defense sector

6 months full-time at the leading European aerospace & defense company, within the Strategy department, working on emerging markets

MAYBE (soon to be negociated) 6 months parti-time at a consultancy firm focusing on government-driven industries (and mostly aerospace/defense)

Extracurricular :

Played European handball for 10 years at a competitive level (even national competition when I was a teenager). Team captain several seasons. Amateur level though (but I doubt HBS knows European handball that well)

Group manager for a student project. Project was for the foundation in which I later interned, and involved research, meetings, experts interviews, and an oral presentation of the final report (which I did).

In charge of everything defense-related at a student-led international affairs magazine for 1 year

Language :

French (fluent)
Russian (advanced)

GMAT : 710

Career goal/explaination for MBA : want to get into the business side of the Aerospace & Defense industry.

Essay : talking about how I think better integration/partnerships between European A&D firms will help gain competitiveness and get Europe out of its industrial and economical downfall, and how I think young leaders should have a role in this process.
A short paragraph about how I got through a serious illness and still managed to have a good academic year, and what it taught/brought me.

Thank you for your insights/evaluation !
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation HBS 2+2 (M/French) [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 08:21
Expert's post
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you are on the right track, and with your solid GMAT and grades, work experiences as have been possible to fit in amidst the education (and certainly within those, be sure you can speak to anywhere that you made an impact, contributed to results, gained people and project management skills, used analytical skills, showed leadership and teamwork etc), international experiences, and initial goals, I would think you have a shot at 2+2, with strong,compelling essays and interview. Given that it's such a competitive program, certainly it is difficult for any strong candidate to get in, but you have a lot going for you, so be sure to emphasize what makes you unique and what you'll bring to the program. Keep us posted on questions and your progress!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php