Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris [#permalink]
Hi Federico,

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll be submitting my application this weekend. Hopefully I see you this fall!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GRE 1: Q169 V157
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

I'd really like a profile evaluation for HEC Paris's MIM program-

Undergrad: B. Tech Instrumentation Engineering (76%)
Work: Project manaagement executive in a huge MNC since July '2010. Lots of claim/change management, project planning,logistics & presentation to management is what i do
Test Scores: GRE= V-157/170 Q169/170
Other than work: Some volunteer work with NGOs (no documented proof of it ofcourse), best trainee engineer project (again no certificate but i got a trophy though :wink: ) , hosted the public speaking event back in colg (yes i got a certificate for that)

LOR: ??

Thanks guys!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
V09 wrote:
Hi,

I'd really like a profile evaluation for HEC Paris's MIM program-

Undergrad: B. Tech Instrumentation Engineering (76%)
Work: Project manaagement executive in a huge MNC since July '2010. Lots of claim/change management, project planning,logistics & presentation to management is what i do
Test Scores: GRE= V-157/170 Q169/170
Other than work: Some volunteer work with NGOs (no documented proof of it ofcourse), best trainee engineer project (again no certificate but i got a trophy though :wink: ) , hosted the public speaking event back in colg (yes i got a certificate for that)

LOR: ??

Thanks guys!

Your stats are competitive. I suggest you check with HEC if they will accept someone who already has two years of work experience. They maybe aiming at a student body with less work experience. I'm not sure.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi ,
I was hoping if someone could give an advice on building my profile.
I intend to pursue MSc. In International business .
I am currently pursuing Bachelors of architecture, I am also Pursuing BBA (Bachelors in business administration) (120 credits) in part-time mode I intend to apply for Master’s program in International business .can u give me a realistic idea if I stand a chance in top EU schools like HEC, ESSEC, ESADE, IE, SSE Mannheim(Especially HEC) and so on, and how much should I aim for GMAT, so that I stand a chance to get into this top schools.

1. I really don't have great marks, on an aggregate consider 62 percentage.(Mumbai University)
2. However I have worked as a business development intern for 2 years at a real estate portal (internship)
3. Learnt B2 level of French(can learn German too as i have time)
3. GMAT not yet given.
4.I will be 22 ayear old at the time when i will be applying.

I just need to know an estimate, I still have 2 years to complete my Bachelor’s degree and hence a chance to improve my profile, I just want to be realistic in my expectations, and do necessary things to improve my profile.
Your guidance would be really grateful and help me achieve my dream.
Thank you!!
Steven Rodrigues.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Hello Experts,

Can anyone please help me with profile evaluation for HEC Paris MiF Program & MiM Program. I wish to work in M&A IB post graduating.

I'm from India,
Undergrad- BBA ( General) Grade 7.92/10( Top 10% of Batch), Public University NAAC- A Accredited, Currently pursuing a Post Grad diploma in Finance, if that may add value!
GMAT- 720, Appearing CFA level 1 before Fall 22.
Work ex-
Internship 1 : Sales & Marketing in a Startup( Edtech)
Internship 2: Finance at Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company ( Reliance Industries)
Work ex : Operations Analyst at a global top 3 Market Research & Analytics Firm- NielsenIQ( 6 Months)
Target Programs: Masters in Finance/International Finance/Financial Analysis
at HEC Paris,LBS,LSE
Post Masters Goal- 1)BB M&A Investment Banking
2) PE
Please let me know what may be my chances & where can I improve to stand better for Finance Programs.

My main goal is to get into M&A IB, that is the reason for being a bit selective towards BB M&A focused programs. I understand that work ex might not be very well aligned to that but I'm adding CFA,and some corporate finance internships soon.

I'll be grateful for any other solutions & advise on my profile & if I should also apply any other schools in EU/UK & even US to boost my chances of making into BB M&A.

Thanks for your support!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
chrishayn wrote:
Hi,

I'd really like a profile evaluation for HEC Paris's Master in Internaitonal Finance program- Please let me know how good my shot might be!

Undergrad: 3.5/ Magan Cum Laude, Econ completed 08/14/2012, University of Florida
Work: BD Firm, Cash Managment, Full Time as of 07/01/2012. Series 7 completed. Firm as approx. 2.3 billion under managment
Test Scores: GMAT= 710, Q46, V40, GRE= V-168/170 Q159/170
LOR: CFO, Anti-trust professor at UF I did thesis with, and an Associate Dean I am currently working on a research project with.
Extracurricular: Eagle Scout, Founder/President of student organization, Student Government leadership etc.

Thanks guys!

Hello chrishayn,

Thanks for writing in.

You definitely stand a good chance provided you are able to put forth a set of essays that articulate your achievements and future goals in a manner that does justice to your overall profile.

You must definitely start working on your application.

All the best!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ok321289,

Thanks for your post!

First, I would like to mention that you have a decent 720 GMAT score in addition to a good GPA and the right amount of relevant internship experience required for the MiM program. Now, let's match your profile to the MiM/ MiF program offered by HEC. the MiM and MiF programs offered by HEC are world-leading programs, consistently ranking worldwide. Hence, high potential students from all academic backgrounds and nationalities are enrolled with an average GMAT of 708 for the MiM program. (so you have done a decent job here).

HEC looks for Ambitious/Inspiring Leaders with a Global Outlook, so you will need to highlight some examples of leadership and the impact created by your role. You can definitely add some ECAs to account for your technical prowess and mold them into an example of a vast skill-set acquired by you in such a short amount of time. In addition, also add some examples of social service and volunteering work to showcase your Personality- in terms of passion, humility, individuality, and respect for others.

Finally, I would advise you to add why specialization in finance would help your career goals and align your profile with school goals. Moreover, since you aim to pursue BB M&A and Investment Banking post-MiF, you need to highlight the reasons, driving force, motive, and expectations from your post-MiM goals. Lastly, I would say that you do have a decent profile. However, HEC is a famed B-School; hence, the competition would be fierce. A heck of a lot of your selection would be directed by how well you can mold your accolades & experiences into an exquisite example; of your writing skills and intellect!

Overall you have a good profile and a shot at HEC. What's going to matter most in your profile is how you connect the dots and create an amazing narrative. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the HEC programs. Feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Webinar on how to tackle your MIM Applications

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

ok321289 wrote:
Hello Experts,

Can anyone please help me with profile evaluation for HEC Paris MiF Program & MiM Program. I wish to work in M&A IB post graduating.

I'm from India,
Undergrad- BBA ( General) Grade 7.92/10( Top 10% of Batch), Public University NAAC- A Accredited, Currently pursuing a Post Grad diploma in Finance, if that may add value!
Work ex-
Internship 2: Finance at Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company ( Reliance Industries)
Work ex : Operations Analyst at a global top 3 Market Research & Analytics Firm- NielsenIQ( 6 Months)
at HEC Paris,LBS,LSE
2) PE
Please let me know what may be my chances & where can I improve to stand better for Finance Programs.

My main goal is to get into M&A IB, that is the reason for being a bit selective towards BB M&A focused programs. I understand that work ex might not be very well aligned to that but I'm adding CFA,and some corporate finance internships soon.

I'll be grateful for any other solutions & advise on my profile & if I should also apply any other schools in EU/UK & even US to boost my chances of making into BB M&A.

Thanks for your support!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
ok321289 wrote:
Hello Experts,

I'm from India,
Work ex-
at HEC Paris,LBS,LSE
2) PE

Thanks for your support!

Hi ok321289 , high chances of making it to your desired programs.
Needless to say that a strong narrative that highlights your leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the MiM admission process.

For MSc Fin particularly I advise you to cover the following points in your application to show a strong motivation for the program

• academic focus: Decent GPA and GMAT score. Highlight any other academic accolades/scholarships/recognition if any

• Proof of enthusiasm and motivation for study of the subject :

To give context around your choice of métier, you could talk about being passionate about business studies and finance since early, and supplement your interest with examples of courses or internships you did. Your post-graduate diploma in Finance makes a strong statement for your love of this field.

• Understanding, experience, and appreciation of the subject through real-life applications and projects:

For this, you can leverage insights from your internships in Ed Tech and Finance. Talk about any projects or finance-related topics that were pivotal in motivating you to explore this subject further.

• Super curricular – what supplementary books, articles, research papers, newspapers you read.
What podcasts do you listen to? How do these activities support and complement your interest in the subject?

I advise you to cover this point well in your sops

• Extra Curriculars
Talk about the transferrable skills from ECs that will help you achieve goals as a future business leader

Other points to keep in mind
• Show originality and thought process in your application
• Show active engagement with the target school and potential recruiters post MBA (show how conscientious you are!)

If you wish to seek guidance on your strategy feel free to get in touch.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for HEC PARIS AND LBS

GMAT Score: Not yet appeared [Targeting 730+]

Educational Qualifications:

10th: 8.8/10 GPA (CBSE)
12th: 80.5% ; Science Stream (CBSE)
Graduation: Mechanical Engg- 6.56/10 CGPA

Work Experience:
Manager - Manager in a Public Sector Bank(promoted under merit channel)
Duration - 48 Months (As on Dec 2023)

I have been handpicked by the DGM to start a new section from scratch in the Regional Office controlling 65 branches NRI business and customer support after being promoted to manager under merit channel in a PSB.
In branchs I have handled various departments, disbursed 200 plus loans, increased business by around 4 crores in GOLD LOAN dept(highest since i Joined), implemented practices to reduce TAT for disbursement of loans

Extra Curricular and Achievements
- Have won 1st and 2nd prize for dance competitions at School from X till XII
- Have continously won first and second at intercollege dance competitions for 3 years in a row
- Organised Fashion Shows, Cultural Programs during Inter College Fest in College
-Was captain of High School Football Team and part of Basketball and volleyball teams
-Was part of School Drama Team and have done participated in many events and celebrations
-cracked 4/6 all india bank entrance tests
-Secured 99th percentile in IBPS exam with an All India Rank of 240
-part of the Bank team to conduct IBPS exams
- Qualified GATE exam
-Is currently playing in Football team for PSB at State level representing Home District
-Have won Man of match awards in District League tournaments organised by bank unions
-Is part of District Committee for organising All Kerala Cultural Festival for Bank Employees
- organised State Level Inter Region Soccer Tournament
- Member of regional Bank Union committee

Hobbies:
- Is a bike enthusiast and have done over 7000 kms in Southern India and looking to cover North India too.
-Loves to play football
-Dance
-Movies

Certifications:
-JAIIB
Is planning to do LEAN SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION from KPMG

I kindly request you to evaluate my profile so as to secure an admit from HEC PARIS AND LBS.

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arjun1001 wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

I have been handpicked by the DGM to start a new section from scratch in the Regional Office controlling 65 branches NRI business and customer support after being promoted to manager under merit channel in a PSB.
In branchs I have handled various departments, disbursed 200 plus loans, increased business by around 4 crores in GOLD LOAN dept(highest since i Joined), implemented practices to reduce TAT for disbursement of loans

- Have continously won first and second at intercollege dance competitions for 3 years in a row
- Organised Fashion Shows, Cultural Programs during Inter College Fest in College
-Was captain of High School Football Team and part of Basketball and volleyball teams
-Was part of School Drama Team and have done participated in many events and celebrations
- Qualified GATE exam
-Is currently playing in Football team for PSB at State level representing Home District
-Have won Man of match awards in District League tournaments organised by bank unions
-Is part of District Committee for organising All Kerala Cultural Festival for Bank Employees

Hobbies:
- Is a bike enthusiast and have done over 7000 kms in Southern India and looking to cover North India too.
-Loves to play football
-Dance
-Movies

Certifications:
-JAIIB

I kindly request you to evaluate my profile so as to secure an admit from HEC PARIS AND LBS.

Hello Arjun1001,

Thanks for writing in.

You have solid talking points in so far as your work experience goes and they are bound to add immense value. The GPA, though, is low, and the extra-curricular activities are a bit dated (most of your engagements appear to be from your school days).

Frankly speaking, you should be aiming for a score upwards of 740 in order to offset your low GPA and put forth a strong case before schools such as LBS. As you have not shared your career goals, we are unable to comment on the same. However, it will be imperative for you to have a set of goals that strongly sync with all that you have done thus far.

Good luck!
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arjun1001 wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

- Qualified GATE exam

Hobbies:
-Loves to play football
-Dance
-Movies

Certifications:
-JAIIB

Hi Arjun1001,

While your 10th and 12th scores are good, your CGPA in Mechanical Engineering (6.56/10) might be considered on the lower side by schools like HEC Paris and LBS. A strong GMAT score of 730+ can help offset this and strengthen your application. You can also showcase academic competence through relevant courses and certifications

Your work ex and extracurriculars are good and can create a good and interesting narrative. International exposure or experience could be valuable for your application to the mentioned schools. It would help to get more information in this area as well as your goals to give you a clear evaluation.

For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot