1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
almost 3 years experience in big four as transfer pricing senior associate
- involves valuations for tax purposes (everything from intangibles, tangibles, financial transactions etc.), also have experience in long term and large value chain transformation projects - restructuring business operations for tax optimization
- past experience includes 1 year stint at start up consulting company in dubai (basic business development, financial modeling, project feasibility assessment etc.), 4 month stint in pepsi corporate finance (canada)
2) Your GMAT.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
BComm university of toronto (accounting and econ) - 3.1 gpa , masters in business economics from wilfrid laurier university 3.9 gpa
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
college - board of several clubs and organizations
post college - nothing significant
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Booth, Haas, stern, columbia
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
7) Your post-MBA goal.
real estate finance\ development
(i have some exposure to real estate valuation through transfer pricing work and I'm interested in the field. also my husband owns sizable properly in a third world county that I would be potentially interested in developing sometime in the future)
I would say your chances are very strong at the school's you're looking at. My only suggestion would be to get involved in something outside of work/school so that your profile is a little more dynamic.
Check out my website, a First-Hand view of what it's like to go to Business School! http://www.carlolivieri.com