I am thinking to apply to colleges for R1 2013-2014 with the following profile. However , I do have slim chances to retake the exam.
It will be of a great help if you can review my profile and suggest colleges in Asia Pacific , USA , Europe , Australia,Canada that I might have sure shot chances in.
It'll be of enormous help.My Profile:
Female/30/Indian/IT1) Brief description of work experience.
7 Yrs of work exp in Sept 2013 in top Indian IT company. The client for the project is one of top 5 financial instituions in the world.360 degree experience in IT starting as a Software Developer to QA Tester to Business Analyst .Currently as a Project Lead handling a team of 10 resources.
I have a 360 degree experience in IT starting as a Software Developer to QA Tester to Business Analyst .Currently as a Project Lead handling a team of 10 resources. I have worked in USA for 3.5 years. For these 7 years , I have worked in Banking and Finance domain with a specialization in US Mortgage.
Also running a small startup business ,which I partner with my father . It is a new guest house and a small food joint setup in an area booming with business . I started it in Jan,2013 and investment for the startup was all done by me alone.
Also have a short term experience of working in an outbound call center after final year in college and before joining full - time work in IT.2) GMAT.
Appeared twice :
1. 600(Q48, V25)
2. 680(Q47, V35)3) Qualification:
B.Tech in Computer Science , West Bengal University of Technology , CGPA - 7.93
12th - 70%
10th - 92% 4) Extra-curricular activities.
- Captain of school Basket ball team.
- Won competitions related to shot put, javelin throw and long jump.
- Commander of School marching team
- Won the district painting competition for consecutive three years.
- Active involvement in our school's NGO by teaching english and maths to poor children in the area and organizing events of food sharing and gift sharing with the poor children.
- In college participated in college Fest. Played a role of event anchor and worked with core team for sponsorships in college fest.
- In the past 7 years , represented company in basket ball meets , fashion shows . Anchored formal events and corporate picnics.
- Family actively involved in community service through NGO's and I have volunteered in several such events.
- Basic knowledge of French Language
- Enrolled for an Interior Designing course.5) Important certifications - like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Company Certified in Basics of US Mortgage and Credit Reporting6) Target programs.
Good schools in Asia Pacific , USA , Europe , Australia. Preferential Course will be International Business, Consulting, Marketing and might be Information/Operation management7) When to apply?
R1 2013-20148) Post-MBA goal.
My post-MBA goal is to grow my startup to have a chain of food joints .I also want to make a global impact to society and aspire to open my own NGO featuring Breast Cancer awareness programs .
I believe everything I want to do in life will be made easy with an MBA which will help develop the skill-set I need to grow my business ideas into scalable organizations while also making strides in global social concerns .9) Additional Info
Language fluency in 4 languages, advanced in 3 , and developmental in French. Hobby is painting . Take interest in Car Racing , horse riding.
My questions are
1) Which all colleges should I apply. Preferential regions will be a )USA b) Europe/Australia c) Asia Pacific d)Canada. Kindly let me know the colleges that I have a shot at
2) Should I a retake of GMAT
The list of preferential colleges are below
Carnegie Mellon (Tepper)
Wash U. (Olin)
Notre Dame (Mendoza)
Rotterdam , Netherlands
Manchester Business school, England
Asia Pacific Colleges
HKUST, Hong Kong
Melbourne Business School
SP Jain, Mumbai
University of Toronto : Rotman
University of Western Ontario: Ivey
York University: Schulich
Mc Gill University: Desautels
University of Alberta
University of British Columbia :Sauder
Any suggestion would be of great help.