Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - HighTech Consultant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation - HighTech Consultant [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 14:03
Your help would be appreciated, thank you very much!

++ 740 GMAT
++ Male, 24
++ Electronics Engineer from one of the top 15 govt. engineering colleges in India (Non IIT)
++ GPA: 8.6/10 (Top 10% of the class)

++ EXPERIENCE: (3 years) I have two roles with my current employer (Cisco):
-> Technical Lead with Cisco Systems, Bangalore primarily working with clients for network consulting in Asia Pacific region. Heading a team of 22 escalation engineers. Multiple rotations, conferences, and customer-site visits in Singapore, Australia and Belgium. 2 US Patents (Pending)
-> Project Manager, Analysis Software - I created this platform which is now used cisco wide in data mining for customer relationship management. I am leading a team of 9 & running multiple projects using the software.

++ OTHERS:
-> I have my own education centred non-profit running in India with expansion plans set in Bangladesh. I have supervised around 50+ volunteers with an impact on approximately 1500+ students.
-> A Failed Startup aimed at providing marketing opportunities to small businesses.

++ EXTRAS:
-> Organised several bool donation drives and camps - 2000+ blood bottles.
-> Dance Choreographer at a local dance academy.
-> Multiple Leadership roles in Undergrad.

++ SHORT TERM GOAL:
-> Start a High Tech Consulting and Support business especially for Asia-Pac customers.

Considering top B-schools (only in US), which schools should I realistically target?
Would like to see you what you think!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - HighTech Consultant [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2014, 17:08
Expert's post
Hello,

Great profile overall; impressive work experience.

Given your background and your career interests, for reasonable reaches, I suggest looking at MIT, Booth, NYU, and UCLA. For on-pars look at Tepper and UNC Kenan-Flagler. Two schools that are right in the middle of these groups that might be great fits are Cornell and UCLA.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog