Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Indian/F/Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Profile Evaluation - Indian/F/Finance [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 11:21
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yamus on 17 Oct 2013, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian/F/Finance [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 15:19
Expert's post
Hi Yamus,

Your GMAT is good. Your work experience seems pretty good ,too. Your EC's are impressive.
That you are a first generation college graduate is plus point can be highlighted in your essay.

Here are answers to your questions:

Question: 1 I have a huge career break (6.5yrs). (Reasons: Relocation to US and also for taking care of children) Now, my kids are old enough to go to school and I am ready to get back in to my career.

Ans: An employment gap of more than six months needs to be justified, and yours is indeed huge. Even though you have an absolutely valid reason to stay home, you will still need to explain that while you were taking care of your kids, you were also doing something to sharpen your skills, to add your knowledge in your field.

Question 2: What are my chances in getting in to UCLA Anderson & UC Irvine Merage?

Ans: Your chances to any school will be determined by how well you can justify your long employment gap, your low GPA ,and how effectively you can present your candidacy ( skills, career progression , accomplishments leadership & team working skills etc.) in your essays .

I hope this helped.

Let me know if you have nay more questions for me.

Best,

Poonam

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian/F/Finance [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 23:56
Thank you so much, Poonam
Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian/F/Finance   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2013, 23:56