Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 10:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile_evaluation_indian_male_23years

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile_evaluation_indian_male_23years [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 21:21
Hi,
I have completed my Chemical Engineering from one of the top engineering colleges
(non IIT and non NIT) in India with a GPA of 7.94/10.I have worked in 2 different sectors.
I have worked in one of the Fortune 500 IT company for 5 months from November 2011 till march 2012, and due to my personal family
issues i had to move back to my home town. And since then i worked in a manufacturing industry from April 2012 till December 2012
and was responsible for complete maintenance of the process, from procurement of raw materials to
the marketing of the finished product, but my salary here was too less and i had to support my family
financially coz of the personal problem i had , i changed this company too .. I got into another software company
as a software developer in January 2013 and since then have been working for the same company. I am planing to apply for 2014 fall intake.
So by that time i will have around 36 months of experience.
Coming to my educational background,
1) UG - 7.94/10

With respect to Ec's:
1) Played state division Football.
2) Played district division Basketball.
3) Active participant in party XYZ's political campaign in our district.
4) Done a lot of community development programme(mainly focused on a clean ecosystem in and around our city) when in school.
5) Was a party time football coach for under 12.
6) Volunteer in college development progamme
7) Volunteer for college fest, branch fest.
8) Avid trecker, have formed my own team and lead my team to almost most of the trecking spots in my state and neighbouring states.
9) Participated in state level YOGA competition.
To list a few...

I am scheduled my GMAT on December 14, i know its too late, but i have already started noting points for my essays.
I will also get a very good reference from my previous employee and the present employee too.

My post MBA goals:
My father had his own business activity (marketing) and had conquered almost most parts of our state,
due to his personal problems he took a career break for 1 year coz of which he lost all his market share and value.
I want to do my MBA and get into a space where in I will have enough business knowledge and financially stable to open up my
own industry (the product which my father was marketing) and conquer the market and grow it in an upward scale. And also i want to
give back to the society (which has supported me in my lows) a long term investment, what better investment than education, I will
be opening an educational institution and my home town in order to give back to the society what they truly deserve. These things
I have planed and sorted out things into 2 category, short term and long term. So in order to reach my goal i need a proper business
education with practical exposure.

Considering these points, and my GMAT (scoring between 680-700 in practice tests) please suggest me few of the good universities in
General Management sector. I am not looking out of my scope such as Harvard, Stanford, MIT, LBS etc(being practical and realistic) ... I want a practical and and an
honest opinion to my profile and please do suggest me some of the universities which you feel is in my reach.
Thank you very much for your valuable time and your comment.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile_evaluation_indian_male_23years [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 21:29
Expert's post
pass1234 wrote:
Hi,
I have completed my Chemical Engineering from one of the top engineering colleges
(non IIT and non NIT) in India with a GPA of 7.94/10.I have worked in 2 different sectors.
I have worked in one of the Fortune 500 IT company for 5 months from November 2011 till march 2012, and due to my personal family
issues i had to move back to my home town. And since then i worked in a manufacturing industry from April 2012 till December 2012
and was responsible for complete maintenance of the process, from procurement of raw materials to
the marketing of the finished product, but my salary here was too less and i had to support my family
financially coz of the personal problem i had , i changed this company too .. I got into another software company
as a software developer in January 2013 and since then have been working for the same company. I am planing to apply for 2014 fall intake.
So by that time i will have around 36 months of experience.
Coming to my educational background,
1) UG - 7.94/10

With respect to Ec's:
1) Played state division Football.
2) Played district division Basketball.
3) Active participant in party XYZ's political campaign in our district.
4) Done a lot of community development programme(mainly focused on a clean ecosystem in and around our city) when in school.
5) Was a party time football coach for under 12.
6) Volunteer in college development progamme
7) Volunteer for college fest, branch fest.
8) Avid trecker, have formed my own team and lead my team to almost most of the trecking spots in my state and neighbouring states.
9) Participated in state level YOGA competition.
To list a few...

I am scheduled my GMAT on December 14, i know its too late, but i have already started noting points for my essays.
I will also get a very good reference from my previous employee and the present employee too.

My post MBA goals:
My father had his own business activity (marketing) and had conquered almost most parts of our state,
due to his personal problems he took a career break for 1 year coz of which he lost all his market share and value.
I want to do my MBA and get into a space where in I will have enough business knowledge and financially stable to open up my
own industry (the product which my father was marketing) and conquer the market and grow it in an upward scale. And also i want to
give back to the society (which has supported me in my lows) a long term investment, what better investment than education, I will
be opening an educational institution and my home town in order to give back to the society what they truly deserve. These things
I have planed and sorted out things into 2 category, short term and long term. So in order to reach my goal i need a proper business
education with practical exposure.

Considering these points, and my GMAT (scoring between 680-700 in practice tests) please suggest me few of the good universities in
General Management sector. I am not looking out of my scope such as Harvard, Stanford, MIT, LBS etc(being practical and realistic) ... I want a practical and and an
honest opinion to my profile and please do suggest me some of the universities which you feel is in my reach.
Thank you very much for your valuable time and your comment.

You're most welcome. Let's assume a 690 balanced GMAT. consider UNC, UT Austin, Vanderbilt, Georgetown and Kelley.

Best,
Linda Abraham

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Profile_evaluation_indian_male_23years

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap