Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation : Indian Male,5 years of exp,IT Industry

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: CBS '17
GMAT Date: 02-28-2014
GPA: 3.75
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation : Indian Male,5 years of exp,IT Industry [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2014, 13:20
Dear Accepted,

I have given a detailed description of my profile and I will be glad if you can evaluate my profile and let me know of the opportunities I have.

My profile:

Indian Male, B.tech one of mid Tier university in India
GPA - 7
GMAT: 720. Age :28
MBA : Want to apply in 2015

Work Summary:
1. I currently work as a Design Engineer in Synopsys India Pvt Ltd (Its the worlds leading company in EDA(Electronic Design and Automation)
2. I work for high skilled technical team which is into designing the electronic chips required for the next generation high speed servers.
3. I have always been the top performer of my team and have been appreciated ample times.
4. In my previous company, I have led a team of eight engineers that did the similar work I mentioned above.
5. I have International experience as I have been sent to the US twice to execute two key projects (This is through my current company)

Appreciation in the current company:

The team I work for in the current company had started its branch recently at Hyderabad, India and I was the second member. The team had a lot of ambitions to expand and I was entrusted by my manager to bring in a few engineers to the recently opened Branch because I was good at socializing and had a wide network. I did not disappoint my manager and my team size has grown to twenty(14 of the engineers were recommended by me). The team now has plans not only to expand but now also plans to open a COE center. I was appreciated by manager, the HR and the site head for playing a major role i expanding the head count.

Community service
1. I have always been a active member in the church ministry
2. My responsibilities vary from cleaning the church, cooking food in the church every Sunday, active participant in the youth meetings and I also undertake Sunday School classes for the children aged 5-14 years.

Achievements

School Level:
1. Was the sports captain of my school
2. Represented the football, cricket and hockey team at school level and was the captain for the winning hockey team
3. Won the gold medal for discuss throw event and the bronze medal in the 4x100 relay race.
4. Won the best all-rounder and excellence in studies for three consecutive years (8th,9th and 10th standards)
5. Was the part of the school band (Played the bass drum) which won many awards in the inter school band competition
6. Was an active participant in the dramatics and also was the anchor for the cultural programs

Graduate Level
1. Won the 1st prize for the paper presentation
2. Was the anchor for the cultural and annual fests in the college.
3. Was the captain of the college cricket and volleyball team.
4. Led the volleyball team to cup victory.
5. Consistently occupied the top two position in the academics

My target schools
1. Columbia School of Business
2. Yale SOM
3. Ross, Michigan
4. UCLA
5. Kellog
6. Booth, Chicago
7. Darden

With the above mentioned skill set and activities I have involved, I wanted to know if i stand a chance of getting into any of the 7 heavy weight colleges I have mentioned above.

I plan do my MBA in entrepreneurship. I always wanted to be a leader with a clear vision of taking my goals forward with honest approach. I plan to come back to India after I finish clearing the educational loan i apply to pursue my MBA. :-D

Are the above colleges mentioned the right one's for me or I am being too ambitious. If yes, could you suggest me the colleges which will be the best fit for me?

I will be eagerly waiting for your feedback and suggestions

Thanks and Regards,
Samuel Johnson
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation : Indian Male,5 years of exp,IT Industry [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2014, 10:52
Expert's post
Hello,

I believe that you would be a viable applicant to the programs of your choice, with stellar applications. Most would be reasonable reaches (Columbia a pretty high one). Your numbers (GPA and GMAT) are OK but not outstanding – they’re sort of neutral factors. But your work and other achievements are outstanding, and if you make the most of these experiences and achievements, you stand a good chance of admission to at least some of your target programs.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog