Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I would really appreciate if I could get a quick profile evaluation, and guidance on which schools to apply to. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
1) Brief description of full-time work experience Current: Global product Manager with Johnson Controls Inc (based out of India) - manage product portfolio for energy applications suite - with install base across 20+ countries, 4 continents. Responsible for charting product road-map, plan and launch new releases, define product positioning, support sales and marketing, direct interface with customers for product deployment / features feedback Highlights: Overseen two product releases, increased install base by 120% in 15 months, developed and delivered 'Regional Country Champion Training' program for the products (trained over 50 participants from 11 countries), developed new market base in Europe and South America
Previous: Sustainability consultant with Wipro Eco-Energy (consultant and project manager for energy efficiency and carbon optimization projects across North America, Europe and India); Founding team member with NextGen Pvt Ltd (startup in the field of carbon consulting)
3) College info: Name of college: BITS Pilani (Pilani campus); GPA - 8.7/10 (Eq. 3.48/4.00) Major: BE (Hons) Electronics and Instrumentation Year of Graduation: 2010
4) Significant college / post-college extra-curricular activities / leadership experience College: Active member in multiple clubs in college - Hindi Activities Society (conceptualized/developed/hosted events during semester, cultural fest) and Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership (conceptualized and led intra-college business plan competition) Extra-curricular: Published author in leading online journals in the field of energy and sustainability - featured in Greenbiz (North America), Asia Green buildings (Singapore), India Environment Portal and India Sustainability Outlook (India) Leadership Experience: Currently managing a team of 8 (includes developers, testers, technical writer, project manager) - exceeded business targets by increasing the product install base by 120% in 15 months, promoted within a year on the job, excellent leadership survey score (360 feedback from Management and direct reports)
5) Your target programs Currently researching schools - want to target schools with focus on innovation, entrepreneurship and international experience, ideally with history of product based startups or work in the energy and environment space (such as MIT Sloan - with the MIT Sloan Sustainability program running in collaboration with BCG)
6) When you plan to apply? R1 2013-14 and R2 2013-14
7) Post-MBA goal Product management function for a global product in the field of energy and utilities (building automation / energy efficiency / renewable energy / smart grids / etc)
Thanks for your post. Congratulations on your excellent GMAT score. Your numbers indicate that you have the intellect and focus to thrive in a top tier MBA program. Nothing about your story makes me think there is any reason why you cannot be admitted, but nothing stands out telling me why you should be admitted. All of the reasons why a top program would admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story.
Ethnicity: Indian Age: 27 GMAT Score: 760 (Q-50, V-41, IR-7, AWA- 5) I am an army officer. Joined the training in Nov 2004 and got commissioned in Dec 2008. Have got two promotions. I have served in varied regions including highly operational areas. Completed my bachelors in science from national defence academy. Post graduate diploma in defence management and military studies from Indian Military Academy. Joined as a technical officer in a technical support arm. Completed b.tech from a prestigious army college while serving.
CGPA: B.Sc. : 6.92/9 B.Tech. : 8.35/9
Avid sportsman Commanded units independently and held positions generally meant for much higher ranking officers in extremely high active areas. Commanded brigade level units consisting of almost 100 men. Faced numerous logistic and operational challenges.
I now want to shift to the corporate world and hence want to pursue MBA from a highly reputed b-school. Please evaluate my profile and assess if it fits any of the schools such as Kellogg, Insead, Sloan, Columbia, Haas, LBS etc. Looking to join in 2015-16
Re: Profile evaluation - Indian, male, GMAT 760, 4+ years exp
31 May 2014, 13:05
Check out this awesome article about Anderson on Poets Quants, http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/02/uclas-anderson-school-morphs-into-a-friendly-tech-hub/ . Anderson is a great place! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I...