Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 09:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2012, 04:13
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile (given below) with respect to my shortlisted schools.

GMAT:720

Undergrad: First class, Bachelor of Engineering from University of Pune, India.

Prof experience (6+ years of FT till date):
- 5+ years with Telecom software products industry leader as Product consultant (Basically my job profile involves helping customers to map their business requirement to technical requirements, assist them to use our network management products to implement next generation networks). I am based out of UK.
- Prior to this, 1 year with Indian MNC as software engineer

Community service: I have been involved in lot of community service initiatives for past 4-5 years (Volunteering and fundraising both in UK and India) - HIV awareness, Child rights, Empowering underprivileged children : helping them complete their education and guiding them on vocational training options.

Extracurricular activities: Sports and dramatics

Post MBA goals: Product Management, Product Strategy in IT/Telecom.

Target Schools: Duke, Booth, NYU, McCombs, Darden, Tepper & Johnson. (I don't plan to apply to all of them but looking to apply to 4-5 of them.)

Can you please advise me whether I have selected the right schools. What are my chances of getting into my shortlisted schools?

Thanks a ton!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 535 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2012, 05:21
Expert's post
Okay good sir,
From what you have written here, you have a kind of "middle-of-the-road" profile, but with an excellent GMAT, which will do you no harm at all. Good solid work experience of the right length, but a somewhat tough applicant pool to originate from.

Your list is a good one, although I wish there was one "Safety school" on it. If you ask me, I'd remove Booth from your list as being maybe too challenging, and NYU, as there are many other more appropriate schools for your industry. But otherwise you are in good shape, methinks.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager

Re: Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2012, 05:29
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Okay good sir,
From what you have written here, you have a kind of "middle-of-the-road" profile, but with an excellent GMAT, which will do you no harm at all. Good solid work experience of the right length, but a somewhat tough applicant pool to originate from.

Your list is a good one, although I wish there was one "Safety school" on it. If you ask me, I'd remove Booth from your list as being maybe too challenging, and NYU, as there are many other more appropriate schools for your industry. But otherwise you are in good shape, methinks.

Thanks Jon.
Do you think UNC, McCombs and Emory can be safe for me? I am not so sure if I really want to apply to Kelly.

Would really appreciate if you can mention some schools that I can consider as Safety schools.

Cheers!
Expert Post
Admissionado

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 00:30
Expert's post
I would say McCombs and UNC would lie between Safety and Competitive, so not a total Safety school, but one, which if you like, you can definitely add. Emory is a solid safety school IMHO...

Good luck to you!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Manager
Manager

Re: Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 02:13
JonAdmissionado wrote:
I would say McCombs and UNC would lie between Safety and Competitive, so not a total Safety school, but one, which if you like, you can definitely add. Emory is a solid safety school IMHO...

Good luck to you!

Thanks Jon. I will have a look at Goizueta. Cheers!
Expert Post
Admissionado

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation: Indian, Male, High tech [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2012, 08:52
Expert's post
Go get em, dude!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com