Hello, thanks for doing this.
I am a 27 year old Indian male currently based out of Singapore.
Undergrad- IU Kelley- 3.3 GPA ; Major- Finance and Econ
Grad School: Master's in Finance- WUSTL Olin- 3.8 GPA
CFA Level 3 candidate
GMAT: 710 (46Q 42v)
Internships during undergrad:
- Real Estate finance at a large REIT based out of Chicago
- Internal Strategy Consulting at a big real estate firm again based out of Chicago
ECs during undergrad:
- Director of Strategy for a club, Treasurer for another and International Student Ambassador for the school.
Work Exp. between undergrad and grad school: 8 months of working in the family business as a business development associate. During this time I helped in acquiring one new contract, exploring different market sectors and also restructuring some of the debt. The business is a construction business with real estate and infrastructure contracts with a revenue of over $17 MM p.a.
WE after grad school: 2 years in equity research as a research associate at a large bank in Singapore.
- My coverage was mostly industrial firms.
- Was ranked as a top research associate during my time there.
1 years at a hedge fund/PE (3bn AUM) in Singapore focused on SE Asia and long growth equities. (Current job)
- In a client facing role of advising and helping clients to find solutions directly.
- In this role, I have met with a lot of high level executives and made a few good contacts. One of them would definitely write me a great recommendation.
Extra-curriculars: Don't have much time for this.
- I am still involved in the family business as in an advisory capacities. This work usually takes up 7-10 hrs a week.
- Manage a portfolio of $60,000 by myself. Started out with only 30k about three years ago.
- Write for a local financial websites about macro-investing strategies to make money out of macro shocks in the market.
My weakness might be that all my extra curriculars are kinda in sync with my work or skills.
Goals: The true reason for applying to MBA programs would be build a network, work on my soft skills, get a solid education, a change of scenery, and most importantly a change of career in the US
Post-MBA goals would be a corp. dev or strategy job.
7) Kelley (Safety?)
As you see from the school choices, I am partial to the Midwest and big sports schools particularly the Big Ten and then the ACC.
Going to apply R1 this year for FALL 2015 entry.
Really wanna start a life in the US now. Spent a quite a few years there, quite fond of the place and still have many good friends there.