Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: -25 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V33
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Indian Targetting 1 yr program urgent pls [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rohitmbond wrote:
Hi Linda

So then i took Gmat today. Was hoping for a better score, but alas, turned out to be much lower than expected.
My score is 680 (quant 90 percentile and verbal 67 percentile). I was planning to apply to the following b schools and now i am wary of applying as i think my score is less than the average accepted. Needed your help whether i should apply with current score at the following colleges or appear for GMAT again ?

Schools : INSEAD, Booth, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, LBS, Tuck

Rgds
Rohit

Rohit,

I am not optimistic about your chances at these schools given your GMAT and the intense competition and typically higher scores among Indian applicants. However, your work experience is good and your grades are good. If you apply and are unsuccessful, you can retake the GMAT and reapplynext year R1.

Alternatively, save the money and expense of applying now (and give up the possibility of starting in September), retake the GMAT in the spring and go all out round 1 of next year.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rohit,

I am not optimistic about your chances at these schools given your GMAT and the intense competition and typically higher scores among Indian applicants. However, your work experience is good and your grades are good. If you apply and are unsuccessful, you can retake the GMAT and next year R1.

Alternatively, save the money and expense of applying now (and give up the possibility of starting in September), retake the GMAT in the spring and go all out round 1 of next year.

Best,
Linda[/quote]

Dear Linda

Thanks for your speedy responses. I had one more dilemma and wanted to know your thoughts on the same

Planning to retake GMAT on 6th Dec and targetting 730ish time time. The 3 b schools i.e. Stanford, wharton, and chicago have their R2 deadlines between 3-9 jan 2012 (i.e. about 30 odd days from the GMAT). Now assuming that i score 730ish which im confident , i am not sure if 1 month of time is enough to apply to 3 top b schools where the competition is already intense. in terms of app. prep, i have just done up with my resume and have started scouting for LORs and transcripts.
Do you think post GMAT, 1 month of application time i should reserve ONLY for 1 of these 3 colleges to have a good shot this season and NOT attempt to apply to all 3 of them and hence cramming my efforts in 1 month thereby diluting my application for all 3 ?

Thanks again for your responses

Regards
Rohit
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
rohitmbond wrote:
Rohit,

I am not optimistic about your chances at these schools given your GMAT and the intense competition and typically higher scores among Indian applicants. However, your work experience is good and your grades are good. If you apply and are unsuccessful, you can retake the GMAT and next year R1.

Best,
Linda

Dear Linda

Thanks for your speedy responses. I had one more dilemma and wanted to know your thoughts on the same

Planning to retake GMAT on 6th Dec and targetting 730ish time time. The 3 b schools i.e. Stanford, wharton, and chicago have their R2 deadlines between 3-9 jan 2012 (i.e. about 30 odd days from the GMAT). Now assuming that i score 730ish which im confident , i am not sure if 1 month of time is enough to apply to 3 top b schools where the competition is already intense. in terms of app. prep, i have just done up with my resume and have started scouting for LORs and transcripts.
Do you think post GMAT, 1 month of application time i should reserve ONLY for 1 of these 3 colleges to have a good shot this season and NOT attempt to apply to all 3 of them and hence cramming my efforts in 1 month thereby diluting my application for all 3 ?

Thanks again for your responses

Regards
Rohit[/quote]

Rohit,

One month (while working full-time) for three applications is tough. Some of our clients do it, and do it well. Others don't succeed in producing their best work in this kind of tight timeframe. This is where it gets individual and I don't think I can give general advice or a blanket rule. It depends.

However, realize that you can apply to only one or two programs if you run out of time. It doesn't have to be three or none. One is very reasonable. Two is still quite feasible.

If you would like help with your MBA applications, please let me know.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot