I've been pretty confused with regards to my chances at INSEAD lately, especially with regards to my work exp. Also I'm interested in settling down in India, hence I'm doubly confused if INSEAD is a good ROI. Any form of suggestion would be appreciated
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Financial Analyst with a Global Investment Bank handling an AUM of approx EUR 1 Billion. I design cross asset indices / baskets based on client requests or quant strategies.
2) Your GMAT.
710 ( Q50, V36)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
GPA - 7.8 / 10
Major - Integrated Masters Statistics and Informatics
Year of Grad - 2011
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Community Service -
Involved in Bank's in-house CSR activities.
An NGO working for upliftment of children on a weekly basis
Extra Acad -
Co founded a group for marketing technologies developed at IIT Kharagpur to the industry.
Successful in transferring at least technologies to the industry
Led the group from it's infancy to approx 40 members
Organised road shows on behalf of the institute in various cities, to market technologies. Led the team for 3 such road shows
Led the team that organised first ever TEDx conference at IIT Kharagpur
An avid photographer - Photograph put up in a gallery
Received multiple awards in debates and quizes at school and college level
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R2 2013 INSEAD
R1 2013 ISB
8) Your post-MBA goal.
To be a management consultant based out of India
Your academic stats are competitive, but you only have two years of work experience. That could be an issue at both ISB and INSEAD. As result I think they are both stretch programs. INSEAD is an international school with recruiting ties around the world. It is a major feeder school for consulting companies. Both are excellent for what you want to do.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog