Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Italian 23yrs old male

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Profile Evaluation - Italian 23yrs old male [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 23:46
Hi,

I'm a college senior - 5yrs BA + MA accelerated track in Business Law.
I'm specializing in Law and Economics.

Work Exp:
1) Part-time job in a typography during high school for 2 yrs;
2) Part-time job as a paralegal during college for 4 yrs;
3) 20hrs Permanent position for a multinational fashion retail in the center of london during summer 2012 (I resigned because I had to get back to school);
4) In 2011 started a cloud computing company that led me to the final round of a business plan competition.

Extra Curricular Activities:
1) Student representative in the city council of my town.
2) Finalist in a business plan competition;
3) Candidate to the city council of my town (I learned to speak in public and conduct a campaign);
4) Written for the business section of a huge online magazine;
5) I'm a member of a theater company (we play in hospital and hospices for beneficence purposes);
6) Member of Rotaract;
7) Member of the Local startup scene and the Italian one;

Gpa: 3.4
GMAT: 700+
TOEFL: 100+

Even though I don't have any post-grad work experience do you think I have a shot for a MBA? If so which schools do you think would be a fit for my profile in the US and Asia?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation - Italian 23yrs old male [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2013, 13:09
Expert's post
Hi luigigno,

Thanks for posting. For your application, in general MBA admissions teams like to see at least 2 years of work experience. If you would like to see though, we have a case study of a candidate with limited work experience who was accepted into a top MBA program. It should provide insight into your application: http://www.stacyblackman.com/2011/07/14 ... applicant/

We also provide free 30 minute phone consultations here: http://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/

Cheers,
Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap