Joined: 09 Jul 2014
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation - Low AWA Score [#permalink]
14 Jul 2014, 05:34
Hi, I am trying to make a career change from law to corporate finance, here is my background information. Grateful if you could help me evaluate my profile and advise on target schools:
1) I am a Chinese banking and finance lawyer and have worked in a TOP3 Chinese law firms for the last four years. Most projects I have worked on in the past are cross-border listing, project finance, international finance. Our clients are top investment banks, such as Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Euroclear, HSBC etc, Chinese state owned companies, such as ICBC, SINOPEC. Because the international nature of my work, I have worked with different law firms all over the world, US, UK, Canada, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore etc. There are lot of cases where we are the lead counsel of a deal, I have to manage several attorneys in our firm and several law firms from different jurisdictions.
2) GMAT : 730 (Q51,V38,IR5 AWA 4.0) (Should I retake the GMAT because the low AWA Score)
3) College info: top10 Chinese law school and a law master from Munich University. My GPA is 3.4.
4) Your target programs: I understand that top MBA programs can be really cut-throat, so I think I will set my expectation around top 15. Reach: Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, Michigan, Yale, Duke, UCLA. Cornell
5) round and application cycle, R1 2014-2015
6) Post MBA goal, find Corporate Finance employment in a F500 company.
Could you please evaluate my profile and check whether the list of my target programm is appropriate and how important is the AWA, should I retake the GMAT?
Thank you very much for your help.