Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - M7 Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-05-2013
GPA: 3.79
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation - M7 Program [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 06:02
I would appreciate if you could evaluate my stats and tell me whether I have any shots at any M7 program, preferably Harvard, Stanford or Wharton. I plan to enroll an MBA program in the fall of 2014 or 2015.

- 24 years old European
- Graduated 2011 from the top HBCU (Historically black colleges and universities universities) with a finance degree and GPA of 3.79 (less than 2 percent of the students were Caucasian; highest GPA in the Finance program)
- Came to the U.S. without any family to play Division I tennis (had a full athletic scholarship; was ranked in the Top 10 in my home country for 8 consecutive years; traveled with tennis to over 10 European countries)
- Received multiple sports and academic recognitions, team captain in my last two years, treasurer of a student-athlete honor society.
- I had no notable internship experiences. During the school-year I worked as a tutor for student-athletes. I also worked 3 summers a tennis camp at Stanford
- I have been working since 2011 at a Big 4 in the Advisory/Consulting practice (mostly finance and strategy oriented)
- Besides client work I am also engaged in multiple firm wide initiatives (I also lead a few of these initiatives)
- Haven't taken the GMAT yet. I am shooting for a 760
- I am engaged in volunteering at my Firm and at one of the organizations in New York; I have plans on joining another organization
- Some extra info: I speak 4 languages, started multiple websites (not really a business) in college which I sold later
- I have aspirations on becoming a college professor

I hope the above information is useful for you to come to a conclusion. Looking forward to hearing your response.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation - M7 Program [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 17:53
Expert's post
mashableforce wrote:
I would appreciate if you could evaluate my stats and tell me whether I have any shots at any M7 program, preferably Harvard, Stanford or Wharton. I plan to enroll an MBA program in the fall of 2014 or 2015.

- 24 years old European
- Graduated 2011 from the top HBCU (Historically black colleges and universities universities) with a finance degree and GPA of 3.79 (less than 2 percent of the students were Caucasian; highest GPA in the Finance program)
- Came to the U.S. without any family to play Division I tennis (had a full athletic scholarship; was ranked in the Top 10 in my home country for 8 consecutive years; traveled with tennis to over 10 European countries)
- Received multiple sports and academic recognitions, team captain in my last two years, treasurer of a student-athlete honor society.
- I had no notable internship experiences. During the school-year I worked as a tutor for student-athletes. I also worked 3 summers a tennis camp at Stanford
- I have been working since 2011 at a Big 4 in the Advisory/Consulting practice (mostly finance and strategy oriented)
- Besides client work I am also engaged in multiple firm wide initiatives (I also lead a few of these initiatives)
- Haven't taken the GMAT yet. I am shooting for a 760
- I am engaged in volunteering at my Firm and at one of the organizations in New York; I have plans on joining another organization
- Some extra info: I speak 4 languages, started multiple websites (not really a business) in college which I sold later
- I have aspirations on becoming a college professor

I hope the above information is useful for you to come to a conclusion. Looking forward to hearing your response.

assuming you get the anticipated GMAT and you continue to progress professionally, I believe everything about your profile is competitive except possibly your goal. MBA graduates don't usually proceed to Ph.D. programs. I'm not saying they can't, but it is unusual. School usually brag about the consultants, investment bankers, and entrepreneurs that emerge from their programs -- not the professors.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog