Joined: 23 Jan 2014
, given: 1
profile evaluation mainly for ISB and also for NUS/Yale/HEC [#permalink]
02 Apr 2014, 11:05
Hi!! I want my profile evaluation mainly for ISB and also for NUS/HKUT/HEC/IE/INSEAD/IMD/BOOTH/YALE/TUCK/McDonough/ROSS
Which other colleges should I aim for?????
1)I have 2 years of work-ex in a fortune 500 state owned Indian oil major (Bharat Petroleum). I am in the downstream LPG marketing business. I have seen 3 profiles in two years viz Production, Logistics and currently I am the shift in-charge of one Bharat Petroleum's smaller LPG plant. My work includes to oversee the overall plant operations that includes maximising production, optimising distribution, plant maintenance, minimising operations cost, interacting with vendors, distributors and also workforce management. I lead a team of 50 workers that includes technicians, electricians and semi-skilled workmen. I also co-ordinate supplies to over 80 distributerships.
2) GMAT: 720
3) College : B.Tech in Mechanical Engg. from an Indian Institute of Technology.
GPA= 7.65/10. (rank in top 5 of class).
4) Extra-curricular: nothing much. Won in few technical events in inter-college competitions, won gold medal in contract bridge for college in inter-college competition, participated in case study competitions, volunteered for two NGOs (although I dont have any certificates for proof), won prize for paper presentation etc. I maintain a blog dedicated to Oil&Gas industry.
5) Target programs : mainly ISB and also NUS/HKUT/HEC/IE/INSEAD/IMD/BOOTH/YALE/TUCK/McDonough/ROSS.
6) Wish to apply in R1 2014-15.
7) Post MBA goal: Short Term:Management Consulting (Mckinsey,BCG,Bain) or Investment Banking (DB,Citi, Standard Charted,GoldmanSachs),both focused on Oil&Gas sector.
Long Term: Wish to setup an energy research firm in India (something on the lines of CERA).