Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 14:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation: Master's with 4 years workexp

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Profile evaluation: Master's with 4 years workexp [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 08:32
Hello,

I am done with my GMAT and planing to apply this fall. My target schools are these 3 European schools. LBS, IMD, INSEAD. If I do plan to apply to some US schools do you suggest any?

1. GMAT 730, Q 50, V 39, AWA 5.5, IR 5 : I missed 2 question in IR and ended up with a 5.

2. Masters degree from Duke Univ (MEM):

3. Undergrad from NIT India: GPA 7.5/10

3. 4 years of work ex as of today (all in the US)
1st year worked in a power-system startup. Took up leadership work roles during my stint there.
Last 3 years working in the telecom industry. Have been promoted twice. Undertake a lot of client facing and leadership roles.

4. I am quite passionate about language learning. Speak conversational French/Arabic. Contribute a lot on peer-language learning websites. But I dont have any volunteering experiences.

Thank you for your feedback/advice.
-washiwashi
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 1

Re: Profile evaluation: Master's with 4 years workexp [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 06:09
This post received
KUDOS
730 on GMAT with a quant score of 50 is very good. You need to calculate your undergraduate GPA according to the US system for a better evaluation. But with 7.5/10, your GPA would definietly be good to apply to top 20 programs in the US. Even your work experience looks good and involves good number of promotions and leadership experience. The whole language learning thing will make you a unique candidate. I think you have a very good profile and you can definitely target top 10 programs in the US. What you have not mentioned here is your post-mba goal. Business schools like candidates who are very sure about their post-mba goals. You can decide on some US schools based on your post-mba goals. I think getting an admit in rounds past round 2 will be very difficult. I think you should apply in R1 next year and target top 5 programs in the US. Start working on your application and try to get it verified by alumni of your target schools. The folowing link can help you in building your application : http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/6-comp ... pplication

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile evaluation: Master's with 4 years workexp [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 08:29
Thanks for your feedback!! Duke converted my undergrad GPA to 3.7/4.0. I have no idea how they did it though. I will request feedback from them.

My goals post MBA are to work in tech strategy within the industrial sector. Hence the interest in IMD. I am also interested in MC firms but would like to work in groups which focus on specific areas.

Ideally I would like to get into a 1-year MBA program but I do realize that this limits my choices. I am trying to find a good fit for US schools but havent been able to decide the ones I want. Do you think you can suggest some US schools that may fit my profile and career goals? Appreciate your help.
Re: Profile evaluation: Master's with 4 years workexp   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2014, 08:29