1) Basic demographic info: age - 21, gender- Male, nationality- Indian
2) Educational Background: undergrad major - Bachelors in Buiness Studies (majors in finance) from Delhi. Currently pursuing a PG diploma in Folklore and Cultural Studies and learning french. Yet to take GMAT/GRE (confused on this front). I need advise on whether to go for GMAT/GRE.
3) Work experience: S&P Capital IQ (August 2010 - Current)
Part of the Money Manager Division of the Private Equity Team.
As part of the Mutual Funds team, I conduct secondary research on mutual funds, hedge funds and private equity funds
which include analysis of fund’s investment style and strategies, their sector and geographic compositions, comparison of the
funds’ investments as against their benchmarking index and capturing data pertaining to the assets under management of the
Worked on various reports from global offices and suggested enhancements to improve the platform.
Database Skill – Using Capital IQ’s platform to extract information and analyze the same on a day to day basis.
Member – Core Committee - Central Placement Cell (2008-2010)
Responsible for coordinating the Placement Program of the Central Placement Cell – Delhi University for more than
20000 students for two years.
Associated with Goonj to organize various collection camps and with their ‘Joy of Giving’ Campaign.
Member - National Social Entrepreneurship Forum (NSEF) focused on organizing seminars and establishing chapters in
educational institutions across India to help young social entrepreneurs, from Idea formulation to Venture Capital for the project.
Vice President Metamorphosis- the flagship BBS Society (2007-2009)
Responsible for raising sponsorship, organizing, planning and coordinating events, such as CEO, SPARK, CONFLUENCE.
Head, Core Committee, Cognizance (2008-2009)
Organized the Annual Corporate seminar for two consecutive years.
Lead a team of 12 peers to ensure smooth execution of all the events.
5) Short/Long term goals: I want to do Masters in Finance (with strategy/policy/economics/law) and then work for atleast 4 years and then take on the PhD/research route. I want to work with portfolio and asset management companies. I then want to eventually go on to teach with flexible consulting/portfolio management roles.
6) Schools: I have considered HEC, LSE, IE Spain, NUS, Oxford. I have cleared CFA l1 and i am taking the level 2 exam next june. I am not going to apply before the i clear level 2, so please consider my profile in the light of the following:
1. B.B.S (majors in Finance) Delhi University
2. CFA L2 and level 3 when i got into the school in 2013.
3. Almost 3 years of work experience by the time i apply (2013 session)
4. Languages (Hindi, English, Punjabi, Sanskrit (basic), French (by the time i apply i should be good with b2 level, currently A1)
5. I want to do a masters course and specialise in Finance and later go on for a research degree and teach. I do however have my reservations about most of the Masters in Finance courses after clearing CFA l2. Most of the curiculum is either repeated or is exactly tuned towards making you clear level 2.
Please guide me on the best Masters Programmes in Finance in line with my goals and which are not just a replica of the CFA curiculum and add value.
Thanks & Regards,