You have above average profile. The weak link is your 'extracurricular activities' section. It is not impressive. You should target top 5 schools.
If you are aiming for a any of the good schools, your essays should be of top notch quality. Dig deep into your profile and find out good leadership experiences. You have to articulate your experience into convincing essays. Good luck!www.interviewbay.com
- Get ready for the interview
MBA | Strategy Consulting | Finance
It would be great to get some feedback on my profile. I think it has some highlights but definitely also some weaknesses to overcome.
2 years at Mck/BCG/Bain strategy consulting in Brazil (current, promoted once)
- Designed strategy for consumer goods company entering Brazil. Includes market mapping, projections, priorization, target screening and final recommendation of action.
- Organizational design and product management at different department of one of the largest Brazilian banks.
2 years in M&A and a Brazilian industrial group (previous, promoted once)
Ivy League, Political Economy, GPA 3.1
GMAT: 710 (Verbal: 42, 95%. Quant: 46, 73%)
- Current Alumni Chair in Brazil for my school, in charge of applicant interviews and events. Grew interview rate from 0 to 60% in one year as chairman.
- Started environmental organization in university, which received celebrity/NGO endorsements and got media attention. Eventually went nowhere and failed.