Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation (McKinsey&Halliburton, 1420 in GRE)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation (McKinsey&Halliburton, 1420 in GRE) [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 03:11
Hello Team,

Need your help on profile evaluation and how good/bad are my chances of getting into INSEAD for January 2014 intake. Why I am only interested in INSEAD:

1) Its a fast track program
2) I would prefer working in Eastern Hemisphere in future and preferably in Oil&Gas industry in Singapore or Europe.
3) If at all I want to move back to consulting I know INSEAD is best.

Profile:

4 years of experience: 3 years with McKinsey in India as Analyst, 1 yr in business development with Halliburton Energy Services (oil and gas) in UK.

Currently working in UK.

GRE score: 1420/1600 ( Long back I had thought I ll go for MS and had given GRE, the score is still valid)
Nationality : Indian
Education: Computer Science Engineering from one of the top 15 colleges in India but not an IIT. GPA: 8.6/10 with Honours award.

Extra cirriculars: Table Tennis gold medal throughout 4 years in University and at state level.
Dancing. Excellence award at McKinsey. 2 failed start ups. Hell lot of adventure sports and multi culture experience.
Beginner in French but would do the intermediate level before I join.

I am not inclined to go back to consulting and would like to move to a senior BD role in Oil&Gas industry. Quite confused if I should go ahead for January 2014 intake or for July 2014.

Is the GRE score good enough? I know its good for US universities for MS but not sure about its acceptance in MBA courses. Atleast 6 people from my team in McKinsey have already got into INSEAD in last 2 yrs but they went with more experience so not sure if I have enough experience.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers!