Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 10:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Mech. Eng./750/3.6+/4 years exp.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation - Mech. Eng./750/3.6+/4 years exp. [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 10:50
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to apply R2 to a few schools. I'd really appreciate feedback on my profile:

Background:
- 26-year-old white male

Academic:
- 750 GMAT (Q50/V41/AWA6.0/IR8)
- BS in mechanical engineering from top non-Ivy (Duke/Johns Hopkins/Northwestern), 3.6 GPA
- MS in mechanical engineering from same school, 3.7 GPA

Work:
- 4 years working as a mechanical engineer at a midsize ($50-75M revenue, 50-75 employees) electronics company
- My role has exposed me to all aspects of the company: I've worked within the R&D group and production engineering (manufacturing), and hand-in-hand with business development & software teams for demos, marketing, procurement...there are very few areas of the company that I have not worked closely with
- Received promotion after 1.5 years and began heading up mechanical design for the R&D team, working primarily with 3-4 CS people to develop product demos and prototypes
- One of only two or three mechanical engineers in the company, so I'm directly responsible for much of what we produce

Extracurricular:
- Leadership role within engineering honor society during undergrad
- Volunteer at children's hospital (starting shortly...been on waiting list since January)
- Leadership role for city-wide fundraising effort connected to children's hospital (recruiting team for 500+ person event, largest event of its kind in the country)
- Other interests: guitarist in a band, playing local shows a few times a month; weightlift in the gym 5+ hours a week consistently for ~6 years; active Dance Marathon participant

Short-term goal:
- Transition to strategy consulting at MBB to get more experience in the business realm

Long-term goal:
- Transition from strategy consulting to product management at a tech company (Google, Apple, Facebook, etc.)

Why MBA:
- Love working in product development, but want to have ability to lead a product from start to finish...have some experience, but no educational foundation for it
- Want to transition from small-picture (actual engineering of products) to big-picture (product management, logistics, operations, etc.)

Target schools:
- HBS
- Kellogg MMM
- Booth
- Sloan
- Wharton
- Stanford

Thanks for any input you can offer!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes