Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation MSc

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 47

GMAT Tests User
Profile Evaluation MSc [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 03:36
Hi,

I am an Indian ( Male 22 )

Graduation: B.Tech ( Information Technology Major ) GPA 7.9 / 10. Did my bachelors in College of Engineering, Guindy Anna University Chennai.

Work:
* Management Trainee ( 3 months ) in Capital Finance Corporation, a family owned non banking financial company and venture capitalist company. As a management trainee i was exposed to various dimensions of business and i chose certain core areas to work on after the training.
* Current role : Managing Director - IT Angel Investments division and CSR Division.
Panelist - IT infra structure development team.

Entrepreneurship
During my college, i co founded a company along with my friend. Started with just 2 employees the company grew leaps and bounds in an year with a total of 12 employees and then we sold out the company to an industry leader. In the company i took care of the marketing, finance and customer relations division. I introduced unique marketing concepts which are now being pursued by companies in the similar industry domain.

College
* During the college, i incepted the idea of a student-industry-alumni club exclusively for Department of Information Technology. The idea was taken forward and i became the first President of the Association. As a part of the association activities, i initiated an international technical fest and i conducted successfully with global participation. I also initiated an alumni scholarship scheme.
* Panelist in Entrepreneurship cell of Anna University. College provides funding and infrastructure to student found start up companies. Am one of the panelist along with faculty members and alumni.
* I was the campus placement representative of my class. I represented my class and brought 53 corporate companies to recruit my peers. During my tenure there was a placement percentage of 93% ( the rest of 7% went for higher studies, family business, etc.,)

Internship
Technical Intern : Directorate of Higher Education, Ministry of Education Tamil Nadu State. During the intern i developed an attendance monitoring system for 400 colleges across the state.
Business Intern : Nandi Dall Mills Pvt. Ltd, a pioneer agro-based FMCG company. Developed a Distributorship model to its 300+ distributors across the country. The model is adopted and is in place now.

Reason for Masters
Short term goal : Need to work in international banks (wealth management, portfolio management ) and international angel investment companies. Again back to MBA.
Long term goal : Back to my rightful company and expand it as an international bank and international angel investment company.

Target Schools:
Imperial College London
CASS Business School
University College London
Judge Business School

How are my chances in these schools.

Also am looking for London School of Economics and Politics and London Business School. But these two require a GMAT score. Am planning to give my GMAT in the mid of Jan.

P.S. Am looking for MSc Management

D- Day December 30 2011. Hoping for the happiest new year celebrations !

Aiming for 700+

Kudo me if the post is worth it

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 535 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation MSc [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2011, 00:04
Expert's post
I would say that applying to those four schools, you chances would be preeeeeetty good. The thing that tipped the scales for me is your company you founded. You are gonna have a lot of great stuff there that other applicants are gonna have a hard time matching. Jut connect it to your goals. Build an argument showing how you starting your company is the exact thing you needed in order to reach your goals, and you'll be just fiiiiiine.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 47

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation MSc [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2011, 00:18
Hey ,

Thanks for your time.

I have inboxed you a message.

D- Day December 30 2011. Hoping for the happiest new year celebrations !

Aiming for 700+

Kudo me if the post is worth it