could you please evaluate my chances:
1) No work experience. Only a 4 month internship with a non-profit startup
2) taking in october/november 2011, but 700 is achievable
3) a university from Republic of Moldova 2+1 years; average 9.2/10 (Finance and Banking 2008-2012)
exchange student (full scholarship ~$50k): small liberal arts college in USA / 1 year (2010-2011); 4.0 GPA / Dean's List (Business)
4) extensive volunteering experience as project manager and treasurer for youth projects; leadership positions in student government (vice-president) and international club; short teaching assistant experience (less than 2 weeks programs);
6) target progams: pre-experience programs, mainly London Business School - MSc in Management; London School of Economics - MSc in Finance, Stockholm School of Economics - MSc Business and Finance, +1-2 other European schools
debating between applying to Round 1 or Round 2, given the fact I have a GMAT >700
what other schools should I consider, based my picks?
Yes, the pre-experience programs are going to be looking for stellar academics, GMAT score, and extracurricular involvement. You seem to have all three of those, so I believe your chances are good. I would also recommend that you look into Duke's Master of Management Studies and UVA's MS in Commerce as strong options if you are interested in studying in the US.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog