Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - need help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead, ISB, Kellogg, Cornell
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - need help [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 00:26
HI ThinkISB

Please Evaluate My Profile

10 Grade 84%, 12 Grade 89 % Science Stream, College - Delhi College of Engineering, Chemical Engineer, 69 % CGPA for B.E. , Team member of Choreography team and participated in dance events, I was the Corporate Manager of Annual Technical events at college level in 2007, Work experience 2.5 Years that includes 2 years as Management Trainee in Operation Excellence with many Projects related to Process Improvement, PRoductivity Improvement having quantified benefits for the organization in terms of Profit and revenue, Safety team leader for organization and have arranged many safety trainings and activities for the company, I have been promoted to PRoject Engineer after the 2 year training program and currently i am integral team member of a Greenfield PRoject and is playing an important role in almost all aspects of Project whether be building construction, Machine designing, Vendor negotiation , Government approvals etc, Also i am Six Sigma Green belt certified, My hobbies involves playing guitar, reading novels, and gymming,
Please evaluate my profile and help me by highlighting Strong and Improvement points, I am planning to apply in 2012 cycle and wish to know your inputs to improve upon my profile
Thanks in anticipation
Regards
Manish
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB, INSEAD

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: Profile Evaluation - need help [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 00:37
Hi Manish,

Your profile looks good mix of academics and extra curricular.
By the 2012 you will also have significant work ex.
One negative may be your BE cgpa but that can be covered with extra cur and I suggest do well in GMAT (730+ will really cover up this) and prepare with a solid reason for the drop in %age from school to college.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - need help [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 08:25
Hi , Can any one Pl evalute my profile. want to apply for LBS, Said and Cass in UK

MBA : from top 20 B school in India - Marketing
GMAT : 620
Exp ; 10 years by spt 2011( 4 years in sales and product mngmt in consumer products & rest 6 years in Product and Portfolio mangnt of retail banking product with top Multinational and Indian banks)
- managing book size worth 0.4 B USD.

IELTs : 8

EC :

Associated with and NGO for last 11 years ; contributed significantly to brough slum kids in mainstream of country by initiated financial inclusion, my initiative was implemented pan india.

Got MD's award ( to increase business from 0.9 m $ per month to 90 crs per months in 6 months : when world was in deep recession and retail banks was worst impacted) , only second person to get this award in the retail business of the bank.

won 1st proze in the bank's marketing fest...

I really donot have any time for study , travelling more than 15 days in month.

want to join investment banking post international MBA ( of 1 yr duration).

Thanks
Re: Profile Evaluation - need help   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2010, 08:25