Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - need suggestions for more schools!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth class of 2013
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Profile evaluation - need suggestions for more schools! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2010, 20:10
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review my profile. I request you to comment on my chances at my target schools, and suggest schools you think I should consider as well. My profile follows:

29-yr old Indian male
GMAT: 770 (retake) - Q51/V44, AWA 5
Education: Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering from top-10 institution in India. GPA 4.0 (equivalent/translated)
Master's in Electrical Engineering from top-15 US university GPA 3.82
Work: Total of 5.5 years, from two engineering companies. Team lead for the last 1.5 years. Mentored new hires, rotated through different groups to gain experience, created/developed a new product for my team. Expect very strong recommendations.
Community: Conducted bone marrow drives (2 years), involved in town energy committee for the last few months - possible major contribution under way
Other EC: Play (a lot of) soccer, captain of one of my company teams (there are three!), play in several local leagues and charity tournaments
Career Goals: Technology management/strategy, new product management/development
Target Schools: MIT Sloan, Haas, Tepper

The only other school I found that has a strong fit for my interests is Stanford, but the school's acceptance rates are scary! I don't want to apply to only three schools, so can anyone suggest additional schools I may want to consider, given my career goals and interests?

Thank you very much!

My profile
My GMAT experience

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation - need suggestions for more schools! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 16:32
Expert's post
wiredo wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review my profile. I request you to comment on my chances at my target schools, and suggest schools you think I should consider as well. My profile follows:

29-yr old Indian male
GMAT: 770 (retake) - Q51/V44, AWA 5
Education: Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering from top-10 institution in India. GPA 4.0 (equivalent/translated)
Master's in Electrical Engineering from top-15 US university GPA 3.82
Work: Total of 5.5 years, from two engineering companies. Team lead for the last 1.5 years. Mentored new hires, rotated through different groups to gain experience, created/developed a new product for my team. Expect very strong recommendations.
Community: Conducted bone marrow drives (2 years), involved in town energy committee for the last few months - possible major contribution under way
Other EC: Play (a lot of) soccer, captain of one of my company teams (there are three!), play in several local leagues and charity tournaments
Career Goals: Technology management/strategy, new product management/development
Target Schools: MIT Sloan, Haas, Tepper

The only other school I found that has a strong fit for my interests is Stanford, but the school's acceptance rates are scary! I don't want to apply to only three schools, so can anyone suggest additional schools I may want to consider, given my career goals and interests?

Thank you very much!

You have chosen your target programs well. I think you should add Stanfordto the list if you feel you have good answers to its essay questions and that's your first choice. It is definitely a stretch, but I think it's also worth the effort. In addition, consider Kellogg, Duke, Tuck, and Wharton. Choose at 1-2 from the ones I suggested and the 3 you already want to apply to.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth class of 2013
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation - need suggestions for more schools! [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2010, 18:37
Thank you very much, Linda! Kellogg was at the back of my mind, so I'll now add that to my list. I'll explore the other programs you suggested to find another addition.

My profile
My GMAT experience

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation - need suggestions for more schools! [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 09:02
Expert's post
wiredo wrote:
Thank you very much, Linda! Kellogg was at the back of my mind, so I'll now add that to my list. I'll explore the other programs you suggested to find another addition.

You may also be interested in the series of blog posts Cindy Tokumitsu has authored on the Accepted.com blog about choosing MBA programs to apply to. I linked to the first post.

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog