1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
almost 3 years experience in big four as transfer pricing senior associate
- involves valuations for tax purposes (everything from intangibles, tangibles, financial transactions etc.), also have experience in long term and large value chain transformation projects - restructuring business operations for tax optimization
- past experience includes 1 year stint at start up consulting company in dubai (basic business development, financial modeling, project feasibility assessment etc.), 4 month stint in pepsi corporate finance (canada)
2) Your GMAT.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
BComm university of toronto (accounting and econ) - 3.1 gpa , masters in business economics from wilfrid laurier university 3.9 gpa
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
college - board of several clubs and organizations
post college - nothing significant
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Booth, Haas, stern, columbia
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
7) Your post-MBA goal.
real estate finance\ development
(i have some exposure to real estate valuation through transfer pricing work and I'm interested in the field. also my husband owns sizable properly in a third world county that I would be potentially interested in developing sometime in the future)
You have a competitive profile for your target programs. If you can, assume a leadership role in a community service activity. Your GPA is a little low
, but your grad GPA and GMAT should compensate.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog