Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Schools: ISB '15 (S)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2012, 09:37
Hi,
Can someone please tell me the chances to get into ISB/NUS/AIM/NTU/HKUST. My profile details are as below:

GMAT Score: 690 ( Q - 48, V - 37)
Target Year for MBA: 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 93%
Class XII: 92%
Did my engineering from Jadavpur Univeristy (2009 Chemical Engineering graduate)
Engineering CGPA: 8.4 (Max Scale 10)

Work Experience - Total 3.5 years ( I will be applying with work ex of more than 4 years)

Worked for 2 years with Price Waterhouse Coopers India (Data Analytics and Business Intelligence)
Presently I am a part of the Climate Change and Sustainability Division of Ernst & Young. Here, we are mainly advising the major Indian industries to mitigate the impacts of climate change and benefit from different financing mechanisms. I have also worked in engagements involving renowned financial institutions such as The World Bank, IFC, KfW etc.

EC
Avid follower of soccer. Member of the School and College Quiz clubs.
Presently learning Spanish

Please let me know my chances of getting into ISB and other renowned SE Asian B-Schools.
I may also apply to some other B-Schools in Europe depending on financial condition.
Regards,
Sourabh Mukherjee
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4806
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2012, 21:59
Expert's post
sourabh123 wrote:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me the chances to get into ISB/NUS/AIM/NTU/HKUST. My profile details are as below:

GMAT Score: 690 ( Q - 48, V - 37)
Target Year for MBA: 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 93%
Class XII: 92%
Did my engineering from Jadavpur Univeristy (2009 Chemical Engineering graduate)
Engineering CGPA: 8.4 (Max Scale 10)

Work Experience - Total 3.5 years ( I will be applying with work ex of more than 4 years)

Worked for 2 years with Price Waterhouse Coopers India (Data Analytics and Business Intelligence)
Presently I am a part of the Climate Change and Sustainability Division of Ernst & Young. Here, we are mainly advising the major Indian industries to mitigate the impacts of climate change and benefit from different financing mechanisms. I have also worked in engagements involving renowned financial institutions such as The World Bank, IFC, KfW etc.

EC
Avid follower of soccer. Member of the School and College Quiz clubs.
Presently learning Spanish

Please let me know my chances of getting into ISB and other renowned SE Asian B-Schools.
I may also apply to some other B-Schools in Europe depending on financial condition.
Regards,
Sourabh Mukherjee



ISB is a stretch. You have a competitive profile for the other programs.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 85
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 186

Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 13:11
Hi,
Kindly let me know if i can get a call from ISB
GMAT Score: 680 ( Q - 42, V - 41)
Targeting 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 88.4
Class XII: 88.2

I have 5 years experience in IT (india).
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4806
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 11:36
Expert's post
up4gmat wrote:
Hi,
Kindly let me know if i can get a call from ISB
GMAT Score: 680 ( Q - 42, V - 41)
Targeting 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 88.4
Class XII: 88.2

I have 5 years experience in IT (india).

Please respond to the questions at what-we-need-for-a-profile-evaluation-107300.html .

Thanks,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 85
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 186

Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 13:41
Accepted.com wrote:
up4gmat wrote:
Hi,
Kindly let me know if i can get a call from ISB
GMAT Score: 680 ( Q - 42, V - 41)
Targeting 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 88.4
Class XII: 88.2

I have 5 years experience in IT (india).

Please respond to the questions at what-we-need-for-a-profile-evaluation-107300.html .

Thanks,
Linda


hi Linda,
Thanks for consideration.Following are the details:
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience.- I have 5 years of IT experience from india.Currently on a break,in US.
2) Your GMAT.-680(Q42,V41)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Indian univ.(MDU),GPA-2.9,yr of graduation-2007.

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
participated in community service,in US.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.-na
6) Your target programs.-post graduate program in ISB,india.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.-R1/R2 2013.
8) Your post-MBA goal.-work in finance domain and move to the financial market.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
User avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2003
Posts: 4806
Location: Los Angeles CA
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 01:53
Expert's post
up4gmat wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
up4gmat wrote:
Hi,
Kindly let me know if i can get a call from ISB
GMAT Score: 680 ( Q - 42, V - 41)
Targeting 2014-15 batch

Academics
Class X: 88.4
Class XII: 88.2

I have 5 years experience in IT (india).

Please respond to the questions at what-we-need-for-a-profile-evaluation-107300.html .

Thanks,
Linda


hi Linda,
Thanks for consideration.Following are the details:
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience.- I have 5 years of IT experience from india.Currently on a break,in US.
2) Your GMAT.-680(Q42,V41)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
Indian univ.(MDU),GPA-2.9,yr of graduation-2007.

4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
participated in community service,in US.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.-na
6) Your target programs.-post graduate program in ISB,india.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.-R1/R2 2013.
8) Your post-MBA goal.-work in finance domain and move to the financial market.


up4gmat,

I'm making the following assumptions:

1. That your break in the U.S. is a vacation, not a case of long-term unemployment or short-term employment.
2. That you have a had steady employment in India exclusively prior to the break and increases in responsibility while employed.

ISB is a stretch. Both your GMAT and GPA are below average for ISB, and unless your work experience has been stellar with a remarkable record of achievement, I am pessimistic about your chances of acceptance at ISB.

Best,
Linda
_________________

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 07:52
Hi!! I want my profile evaluation mainly for ISB and also for NUS/HKUT/HEC/IE/INSEAD/IMD/BOOTH/YALE/TUCK/McDonough/ROSS

1)I have 2 years of work-ex in a fortune 500 state owned Indian oil major (Bharat Petroleum). I am in the downstream LPG marketing business. I have seen 3 profiles in two years viz Production, Logistics and currently I am the shift in-charge of one Bharat Petroleum's smaller LPG plant. My work includes to oversee the overall plant operations that includes maximising production, optimising distribution, plant maintenance, minimising operations cost, interacting with vendors, distributors and also workforce management. I lead a team of 50 workers that includes technicians, electricians and semi-skilled workmen. I also co-ordinate supplies to over 80 distributerships.

2) GMAT: 720

3) College : B.Tech in Mechanical Engg. from an Indian Institute of Technology.
GPA= 7.65/10. (rank in top 5 of class).

4) Extra-curricular: nothing much. Won in few technical events in inter-college competitions, won gold medal in contract bridge for college in inter-college competition, participated in case study competitions, volunteered for two NGOs (although I dont have any certificates for proof), won prize for paper presentation etc. I maintain a blog dedicated to Oil&Gas industry.

5) Target programs : mainly ISB and also NUS/HKUT/HEC/IE/INSEAD/IMD/BOOTH/YALE/TUCK/McDonough/ROSS.

6) Wish to apply in R1 2014-15.

7) Post MBA goal: Short Term:Management Consulting (Mckinsey,BCG,Bain) or Investment Banking (DB,Citi, Standard Charted,GoldmanSachs),both focused on Oil&Gas sector.
Long Term: Wish to setup an energy research firm in India (something on the lines of CERA).
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for an Asian American jtyee 4 05 Apr 2014, 19:45
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for Asian American jtyee 1 03 Apr 2014, 21:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for Asian American jtyee 1 03 Apr 2014, 21:14
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for an Asian American jtyee 1 03 Apr 2014, 10:13
Profile Evaluation for Asian B-School ShwetaVijlani 1 27 Oct 2012, 01:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Evaluation Needed - ISB and SE Asian B-Schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.