Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation: Next steps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile evaluation: Next steps [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 11:03
Cleaned - sorry.

Last edited by Basicz on 27 Mar 2014, 06:45, edited 2 times in total.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile evaluation: Next steps [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 12:37
You have a great profile and with (a) an improved GMAT score and (b) a strong application (essays, recommendations, interviews, resume, etc.) should be a strong candidate at most of the schools that you are targeting. To use your time the best, I would recommend that you (a) focus on improving your GMAT score and then (b) try to get a promotion at work. Also, while it may seem premature, you should start to scout out those people who will be writing recommendations for you and making sure that you have a close working relationship with them and they have recent experiences with you so they can speak about your abilities and potential. Also, if time and funds permit, I would consider visiting these schools while they are in session so you can meet with students and admissions. If this is not possible, you should make alternative efforts to learn as much as you can about these schools and meet as many people as you can who are affiliated with them. Lastly, you might want to consider expanding your list of schools a bit -- and look at Wharton and Columbia. Based on your profile, both schools should be attracted to your candidacy.

Good luck.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Call for a free candidacy assessment.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation: Next steps [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 18:58
Basicz,

Since your extracurricular leadership profile is already pretty strong, I would focus on (aside the GMAT quant score) becoming a "Project Manager of consulting teams with 2-3 direct reports." Demonstrating an atypical/fast-track career trajectory is a key differentiator for successful applicants to the top schools. Feel free to send me your CV for a closer look.

--Paul Bodine, Great Applications for Business School, www.paulsbodine.com/testimonials

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Re: Profile evaluation: Next steps   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2013, 18:58