Joined: 30 Jul 2013
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation : Non IT Indian Male, GMAT 740, NIT [#permalink]
31 Jul 2013, 19:44
Hi, I wrote GMAT recently and got a score of 740 (Q 51, V40), AWA - 5, IR - 5.
Indian male with about 7 years of experience. (18 months in IT as software developer, 10 months in an Educorporate as a faculty and content developer, and last ~ 5 years in Research & Analytics in Business Research).
Age: 30 (by R1 application)
Have worked majorly with Consulting clients from international geographies; however international exposure in terms of being physically present is nil.
Have two promotions in my current industry, of which one i got within six months of joining.
However, I have a gap in workex of about 6 months due to some emergency at my home but i could join back the same company i left and at the exact same position after the things settled. In fact i had to postpone my GMAT by about a month for the same reason. Kindly suggest whether this is a big issue and can this be addressed since i find myself in an awkward situation despite a genuine problem.
Undergraduation: BE in Electrical from one of the top colleges of India (NIT) in 2005
Undergrad Acads: Okayish (Not too great). 68.7% (in top 25% of my class)
Extracurriculars : Fine
- Sports such as Cricket (school, college, company, club (play at semiprofessional level) ), Tennis, and Badminton (winner of championship in school day)
- Singing (Was part of music club of college; also a member of an online music community)
- Video blogging (Create and publish educational videos)
- Won debate competitions in School
- College Topper (out of 450 students) of an aptitude and technical test conducted by a group known as PEP (on behalf of 15 multinational companies )
- Winner of Technical Quiz, Second position in a Technical Contest, Third position in Electrical Quiz
- Sub head of national level tech festival at my college
- Provide free education through my own online portal, also create and publish educational videos through my Youtube channel, provide free mentoring and private tutoring to students for aptitude tests. Founder of a Non profit venture to promote quality education for free.
- Co-creator and the mentor of an innovative mathematical product on India's largest MBA portal (the product was significant because of its appeal to ~20,000 subscriber during 2006-2008 and hence also attracted B school advertisements on the thread that it was carried). In 2011 , Indian Institute of Bangalore came out with a case study that had the mention about this product.
I am looking for a post MBA job in management consulting, as a strategy consultant.
I am looking for suitable Bschools to apply in R1. Also, i have a tentative list of bschools in mind. Kindly help me assess possibilities in the following - Chicago Booth, Darden, Ross, Cornell, Tepper, and Duke.
Kindly suggest a few other good Bschools that could be classified as "on par", "reach", and "safe" for my profile.
Also it would be great if you can shed some light on the scholarship considerations.
Thanks in advance.