Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: NYU Stern Langone Part-Time Program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Profile Evaluation: NYU Stern Langone Part-Time Program [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 10:22
I am currently a 24 (25 by matriculation) Asian-American working in Alternative Investment Services at an American multinational banking and financial services corporation. I'm actually also Philipina and Spanish, but I only know conversational Mandarin Chinese.

I will only be applying to one school in May for Fall 2013- NYU Stern Langone Part-Time program. I'd like to know where I stand as a candidate.

1) 2.5 Years WE at company mentioned above, with a promotion and 2012 People, Partnership, and Performance award. High ratings both years (highest rating possible for 2012).
2) GMAT 720. Q49 V39.
3) Bachelor of Arts in Economics (May 2011), Rutgers University, 2.89 GPA --> (was a full time employee and full time student for my last semester)
4) Incredibly involved in Asian-American organizations during college, holding various leadership positions. Also did a LOT of volunteer work
5) Post college extra-curriculars: advisor for sorority, advisor for high school animal rescue group, volunteer for shelter, committee lead for Ascend (professional Pan-Asian group- NJ Chapter- helped start up chapter), softball team at work
6) Work will be helping finance my schooling, supervisors very supportive of me
7) short-term goals: advance rapidly in my current role
8) long-term goals: VP at a hedge-fund administrator
9) Alternative Transcript: UCLA Extension: A in Accounting, A in Mathematics for management, and currently taking Quantitative Methods and Stats as well as Accounting 2-- will receieve grades before submission of application

Thank you in advance!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation: NYU Stern Langone Part-Time Program [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 13:00
Expert's post
You should have a good shot at the NYU PT program. The admissions process there is more liberal than with their FT program for several reasons, among them: they are not required to report the PT program stats for ranking purposes, so they are more forgiving of things like under-average for years of WE; also, the PT program is a big revenue generating machine for NYU, so it's in their best interest to admit as many qualified students as they can, and you are indeed qualified. Coupled with this, your ethnicity and subsequent perspective on business will help you stand out in the crowd of PT applicants. Let us know if we can help you pull everything together.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews