My profile looks somewhat like this
1) Will be applying at age 30 and joining when I am aged 31.
2) More than 8 years experience in IT consulting with 2 years in India and 6 years in USA for top insurance clients like Blue Cross, Aflac and Delta Dental.
a) My first job was with a small IT services firm in Bangalore of 25 members and I was appreciated for my work and my salary was first double in 8 months and then double again in the next 7 months so after my 18 months of work there my Salary was 4 times the original.
b) My second job was appreciated for my onsite-offshore coordination and was sent onsite to lead the entire offshore team within 6 months of joining the company.
c) With my present company, I am the brand ambassador in the sense I am the first person to be placed at a new client to develop the client relationship and I helped my company grow the number of consultants at the present client from 1 consultant to around 40 in 2 years which increased the turnover from $180,000 to $7,200,000.
d) Lead a highly complicated and highly visible project and completed it well within time, which was a big success with the upper management and got me a lot of recognition across the organisation.
f) I can get the reco's from my CEO of the first company, from the director of my present company and director of the present client proving the above facts.
3) Under Grad B.E. from top 50 of India with 72% - First class with Distinction - not sure about the GPA version of percentage.
4) Masters in IT from an avg university in san francisco with GPA of 3.75 - completed as part time while working.
5) MBA Foundation course from Berkeley extension - will complete in a semester with the present GPA being 3.7.
5) Was heading the Social Service club in my undergrad conducting various activities like blood donation and literary activities in slums of Bangalore
6) Was heading the alumni for my undergrad for 2 years.
7) Project lead at HandonBayArea for more than 1.5 years with more than 200 hours of community service.
8) Raised funds all by myself for an Indian non-profit serving the handicapped to the tune of 100,000 Indian rupees.
9) Not sure if this would count but, I worked at my dad's business while doing my undergrad. It was a wholesale construction materials business. I used to work part time in the evenings and weekend to help him in his business by driving small trucks with the materials to the clients places and this cut down his labor cost a lot as he was under a loss during the last recession period of 2000-2003 and I seriously dont know how I can prove this to them.
10) In the process of starting an initiative with other alumni members to start a scholarship fund for the merit and needy students of the undergrad school.
GMAT - 720
Target Schools - Haas, Wharton, Kellogg(1 year MBA), Duke, Insead, LBS, IMD, Yale, OXFORD, IESE
1) What are my chances in above schools and is there any other schools that I need to target ?
2) What else can I do to improve my resume ?
3) Is my age of 31 at the time of joining a negative factor ?
4) Will my MBA foundation course at Berkeley be of any help ?
5) Is my existing Master degree in IT a negative factor ?
6) What else can I add to my resume if I need to get into the schools mentioned with a good scholarship.
7) Does accepted.com
help only the schools listed in your website or with other schools too ?