Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation of college senior

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation of college senior [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2012, 15:02
Hello,

I am currently a college senior planning to do MBA either straight after graduation or 2 years after it (deferred admission). These are my details:
College: NYU Stern
GPA: 3.87
Majors: Finance & Math
Honors: Stern Honors program and Beta Gamma Sigma
Internships in India in family business in summer months
GMAT: 720 (Q: 50, V: 38)
Leadership: two South Asian clubs (Secretary and VP respectively), one organizes biggest undergraduate South Asian conference in US
Extracurricular: Writer at Stern business journal, trader at finance club

Given these details, which colleges do I stand a chance of getting into ? Also, what do you recommend I do to improve my chances of getting into top tier programs such as Harvard and Stanford ?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation of college senior [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 07:44
You have a good profile now. Continue the same trajectory!

To prepare for your future bschool application, just excel at wherever you work, and whatever area you work in. All the top schools are looking for people with strong overall profiles. Involve yourself in non-work related activities as well. Don't try to be average in anything you do. Your resume should have some stellar achievements. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For the Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting | General Mgmt
Re: Profile Evaluation of college senior   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2012, 07:44