Status: INSEAD - my dream school !! :-D
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation - Oil/Gas Professional [#permalink]
05 Sep 2011, 12:22
Please evaluate my profile - Specific questions are at the end
GMAT: Yet to take
DELHI UNIVERSITY -- New Delhi, India (Aug 2006 – Jun 2010)
Bachelor Of Engineering, Manufacturing Processes & Automation SCORE: 74.0 %
Senior School Certificate (CBSE, India) -- 90.8 % (2006)
Secondary School Certificate (CBSE, India) -- 95.0% (2004)
Working as Drilling Fluids Engineer in one of the top 2 Energy Services company in the world. (July 2010 - Present)
I provide technical consultation and the following On-site services to clients:
• Drilling fluids formulation and maintenance. • Contingency management
• Fluid testing and well site data analysis • Documentation and costing
• Inventory & associated logistics management • Ensuring adherence to HS&E standards
Work experience in India, Houston(USA) , Papua New Guinea, Indonesia.
The nature of my work provides a fair share of international experience for work as well as training. I also get frequent opportunities to work with expats when working in India.
• Freelanced on a industrial consulting project for a small scale production firm in India. Because of the great results of the project ,the company granted me another project next summer for one of their sister concerns.
• Worked as summer intern in a business modelling firm in India.
• Served as the Convener for the annual cultural festival of my college. Led a team of about 120 people.
• Served as a PR coordinator for an NGO for an year.
• Worked as creative head in the filming of the first ever promotional video for my college.
• Served as Head of Student Council School - led various teams in cultural, academic, technical and sports event managment.
INTERESTS: • Fitness Training Enthusiast • Amateur Nutritionist • Avid Basketballer • Science Fiction Reader
At present, I am not able to devote time for social work due to my hectic schedule. I use most of my free time (which is very less usually) to prepare for GMAT.
Post MBA Goals
Management level jobs preferably in the energy sector. I am keenly interested in energy sector consulting and hence open for jobs in general management consulting firms but in relevant roles.
Please provide a general evaluation.
I have the following specific queries:
1. Please let me know about the strengths and weaknesses of my profile. And any advice on how to improve/correct them to suit my goals. Also, if you don't mind letting me know which part of my applications may be too unproductive to mention.
2. Since, I have been working only for 15 months now, how much work experience should I gain in order to achieve desired goals?
3. What kind of MBA programs should I approach to suit my goals? How would you compare a general MBA to MBA in Oil & Gas Management for my profile? Also, suggest some schools (if possible) which would best serve my interests.
4. All of my extracurricular activities, except for my personal interests as listed, are a thing of the past now. This is due to the hectic nature of my work. Is a that a negative point?