Joined: 24 May 2012
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation: Ph.D+7yrs working [#permalink]
29 Aug 2012, 21:03
Profile Evaluation please, may be somehow non-typical and interesting.
* Male, 33 years old, China PR.
* Top30 university in China (Top2 school in my major)
* Ph. D. degree in Communication Engineering, Bachelor in Computer Science
* GPA: 3.1 or so,
* GMAT: 740 (Q50, V40, IR8)
* TOEFL: not taken yet, estimated around 110.
* 7 years in the headquarter of a dominating state-owned corporation in China, the biggest telecom operator in the world with 80 billions USDs annual income. (but maybe not well-known out of China), including:
* 4 years in technology research institute, work on technical strategies, road-maps and specifications. Promoted as team manager with 8-10 members. Some international experiences in 4 years regular global industry standardization works as main delegate and in a regular corporate project with the biggest wireless operator in Europe as the project manager.
* 3 years in planning department, work on company network developing plan&strategy and annual investment planning, about 30 billions USDs per year.
* General Management or planning and strategy in Hi-tech Corp., .
* Consulting or PE/VC in high-tech areas in China
* Tier1: Wharton, INSEAD, IMD, Chicago, Kellogg,
* Tier2: Haas, Ross, Duke
* Tier3: Anderson, Cornell, Tepper
1. How are my chances for above schools? Especially Tier1 and Tier2 schools.
2. I guess 2 points in my profile may be flaws: Age (too old a little) and Employer (outstanding but not recognized to people in US and Europe). How much do you experts feel will them affect my admission? How should I make them up?
3. About my doctoral degree, will that be an advantage or a disadvantage (may be strange for B-schools?)
4. Any other schools you can recommend according to my profile?
Many thanks for your help!