I recently decide to pursue a career in academia and I believe I would be a good teacher/research, here is my profile:
1. Two bachelors from a Chinese university where I did not do quite well in English Literature and Business Administration majors.
2. After I came to the United States, I went to CUNY Queens College (close to home) in order to learn something, I chose Accounting. I did a good job this time. Among 12 major courses I took, I obtained 12 A+, 4/4 in GPA. Because I am in part-time program, I only had one dean's list and was not eligible to many scholarships.
3. Then I was elevated to QC's MSA program, and again, straight A, 4/4. This time I got a Graduate scholarship.
4. I did not plan to go PhD in the first place, so I did not look for any TA/RA opportunity until recently. I will talk to my dean next week and see if there is anything he could do for me.
5. No strong work experience, a NYC general contractor's company for 6 yrs. CPA passed.
6. No research-oriented professor's LOR, unlike Barcuh, QC does not have many this type of professors. I can have three from PhD holders, one is my department chair, one is vice chair and the last is a math professor teaching Risk Management, but none of them is well known in this field.
7. I am preparing GMAT, I am not sure how high my score would be. Hypothetically, how about 730 (not too high or too low)?
I am now making a spreadsheet of most PhD schools, containing all info I can gather from their websites. Please give me some suggestions about which schools I should apply.
Any comment is welcome. Thank you everyone.