I'm considering applying to HBS 2+2 Program this year, but also may defer to a regular MBA for a couple of years. Hoping you could gauge the caliber of my profile and suggest what range of schools I should target. Thanks in advance!
Age : 20 (College Senior)
Background : Female, Asian
Educational Background : GPA 3.60 (Class's Top 10 - First-class honors degree) / Advertising Major / Film Minor / The best university in Thailand
- 3 Months in Account Management at J.Walter Thompson, Bangkok
Part-time Work Experience
- Writing "Film Reviews" article in a famous movie magazine (Monthly)
- Class President
- Important Roles in Faculty's Annual Stage play which regularly has about 20,000 viewers yearly (Sound Director / Event President)
- Movies Director for showing in many Faculty's events (4 Movies in advance / Won 3 popular votes)
- Faculty's Ambassador in Public Relations
- High-school Alumni Committee (A well-known elite girls' school) conducted special activities such as school's concerts and fairs, including charities.
TOEFL : 110
GMAT : 710
Please let me know what you think about my chances at 2+2. Should I apply or not? If so, what can I do further to strengthen my application.
But if I shouldn't apply to the 2+2 programs for now, please suggest some schools that I should apply for the next few years.
Thank you very much for your help
I do really appreciate it.
It sounds to me like if your goals are clear, you can certainly apply to the 2+2 program. It might make sense to try to boost the GMAT a bit, but your leadership and impact sound on the right track. You may also want to consider the Indian School of Business's Young Leaders Program (
), which is quite similar.
Without knowing what your work experience is going to be, it is difficult for me to guide your future MBA targets if these programs don't work out. Let's be in touch if and when we cross that bridge.