Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 04:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 08:49
Hi all,

I could manage only a 650 on the GMAT with a Q 49 and V 30 break down. I was initially aiming at a 700+ but Verbal hit me hard. I am presently working in an Hyderabad based KPO in the Investment Banking Department as an Analyst.

I have an experience of 1.5 yrs and it would be 2.5 yrs by the time I join the B School.

I am looking for good B Schools in the top 30. Is it possible for me to get into any of them?

I know this is a very difficult question to answer without giving my background.

I am engineering graduate from NIT Warangal (One of the top most Engineering Colleges in India). I graduated with a CGPA of (8.76 on 10).

I have an International Internship and an International Paper under my name during my graduation.

I have a very good academic record with a 92% in 10th and 97% in +2.

I have a lot of extra curricular activities and also have initiated a teach for poor concept at a Private School during my studies.

I have taken up many leadership roles right from my childhood.

I am looking to progress in my Career and hence would like to pursue MBA.

Can some one guide me in this regard.

Thanks a lot.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 253 [0], given: 11

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2011, 09:22
uttikk,

Your GMAT score is just one aspect of your application - it is not the be-all and end-all of your candidature. Your school grades as well as undergraduate grades are good. Your GMAT score is not very high, but you can work through that. You seem to also have done a lot apart from academics.

It is possible for you to get into a top 30 school, provided you craft a good application with a tight story. Remember, B schools always evaluate an application holistically - a shortfall in any one area can be made up through strong performance in another. Your overall academic profile, essays, recommendations, GMAT score, and your performance in extra-curricular activities, all count in the consideration of your application.

GyanOne | http://www.GyanOne.com | +91 9899831738

Get a free detailed MBA profile evaluation

Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions blog

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 02:50
Hello

If you wish to apply to top business schools then one of the prerequisites is having significant work experience. Generally candidates have around 4-5 years of full time experience in spite of several term time projects or jobs; so you may be competing with other candidates who have 4-5 years of full time experience and have started significant initiatives at college.

Hence, we would advise you to gain some full time work experience before you decide to apply for an MBA. If you don’t wish to do so them, you could look at the HBS 2+2 program or the Yale Silver Scholars program.

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 329

Kudos [?]: 1332 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 03:09
The HBS 2+2 program is only for people who are STILL in college. As is the Yale Silver Scholars. So he wouldn't be able to apply to either of those.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Profile Evaluation Please   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2011, 03:09