Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q40 V49
GPA: 2.96
WE: Information Technology (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 13:55
Hi,

Hope you are well.

I have been wanting to apply for an MBA to a few US and European colleges. I have had my list prepared for a long time. Due to some unseen circumstances in late 2012, I could not apply to any of my desired colleges in R1.
I worked hard and managed to apply to 3 colleges in R2. The deadlines for all colleges were almost on the same day and hence could not manage more than 3. The schools I applied to are LBS, Darden and Booth.
My question to you-
1. if you could share your opinion on my chances of getting interview calls from the above 3 colleges.
2. If i should apply to R3 in some of the colleges that have always been on my list ( Johnson, Tepper, Anderson) Hearing experts talk about the competitiveness in R3 has made me nervous and unsure about it. I feel it is better to wait for R1 in the following year. It would be great to get your thoughts on the same. Also, looking at my profile below, what chances would I have if I applied to the desired colleges in R1.

My profile:
Demographics: Indian male, 26 years old, single.
Under graduate: Purdue University. CGPA: 2.96/4 Degree: B.Sc Computer and Information Technology.
WorkEx: Worked with American Express for 3 years as an analyst and campaign manager.
Currently working with an Indian startup as IT Manager
Extra curricular: Average (working with under privileged children to provide education and vocational training to them)
GMAT: 730
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [1] , given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 20:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Your numbers are not bad--GMAT is great but your Indian applicant pool may cause problems there since the Indian applicant pool has a pretty high GMAT average. Perdue is a good school and arguably top 30 in technology programs, but your 2.96 GPA, while good, is not great. I would say you could potentially get some attention from Darden, who doesn't get as many international applicants as Booth. LBS is likely a longer shot. I would not be shy to apply in R3 to additional schools. Overall applications are down this year, so there are more seats available in R3 than may have been typical in the past. Schools want to fill seats and your good GMAT score may be just what someone needs to fill out their class profile, which is basically what they are doing in R3.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews