1) work experience - 3 Years as a tax accountant at large public accounting firm followed by 1 year as tax analyst at asset management company
2) GMAT: Q49 V41 730
3) College info: University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 3.3, Accounting, 2009
4) Currently a tutor, previously a board member of professional business fraternity in undergrad
5) Certifications: CPA
6) Target Programs: "M7" + Kellogg and Haas
7) R1 and R2 2013 for Fall 2014
8) Finance Concentration (Broad I know, but still trying to determine what I foresee myself doing)
I appreciate your help and am curious to know if I would be a competitive candidate for these programs. What areas could I improve in? Thank you.
The information above is competitive, but not necessarily compelling. I don't see much leadership in the information you provided, and these schools will look for leadership or organizational ability. I also don't see any travel or international exposure. Anything you can do between now and when you apply that allows you to show organizational ability or exposes you to different cultures will be good.
You might be interested in MBA Admissions A-Z
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog