Will appreciate it very much if I can get a profile evaluation! Thanks!
Age: 26, Canadian Chinese with verbal/written fluency in English, Cantonese, Mandarin.
Work: 4 years of Forensic Accounting at KPMG Hong Kong
- Performed risk management restructuring on a USD$5,200M asset investment company by identifying key risks and presenting solutions that are specifically tailored to client’s corporate culture
- Analyzed companies' financial statements with supporting documents and utilized different excel formulas to easily spot out inconsistencies and suspicious areas that indicated potential fraud
- Summarized ~100 companies with ~5M RMB asset’s information (company contracts, net profit etc) into an excel spreadsheet by using English and Chinese input skills, as well as excel formulas for ease of analysis and decision making by seniors; and was praised for efficient Chinese input skills
- Promoted to senior associate on time, performance ratings are mostly average with a few above average
GMAT: 720 (50 on Quant)
College: University of Toronto, GPA 3.5/4 Accounting major (Numerical and mathematical subjects have incredibly high marks, usually top 2% of classes)
Extracurricular - University:
- President of mentoring program within Business community, had a budget of CAD$10,000, focuses on mentoring students as well as providing academic tutorial services. I also pioneered the school's first online tutoring system which impacted all first and second year business students needing extra help.
- First Place Winner of Ernst & Young Your World, Your Vision Entrepreneurship Competition
- Vice President positions in tennis club, case competition club
- Part of university's tennis team
- Tennis coach at a local tennis club
Extracurricular - Post University:
- Chair for Mentoring program for UT Alumni Club, pioneered UT Mentoring Program in Hong Kong where fresh graduates get paired with experienced professionals in their field of interest. Persuaded UT Business Faculty's full support and sponsor of this.
- Volunteer for UT Alumni Club where I teach little kids English
- Part of KPMG Advisory's Social Committee where I meet regularly with other committee members and organize social events for colleagues to mix and mingle
- Team captain for KPMG's tennis team which won in a corporate tennis tournament this year, where I was one of the key players and played in the final rounds.
- During high school, I played competitive tennis and was a nationally ranked player in Canada.
Certifications: AICPA (American CPA), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
Target Programs: Harvard, Stanford, other top 10 schools
Apply timing: Plan to apply starting September 2013
Post MBA goals: Management Consulting, Private Equity etc.
You have a competitive profile for the top 10 programs including HBS and Stanford. You are applying appropriately given your experience and goals to stick to the top 10.
One suggestion: focus your goal.
If you would like help with your MBA application
, please let me know.
JUST PUBLISHED! MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog