Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Dec 2014, 17:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2013, 06:39
Thank you all again, Admissionado! :wink:

Last edited by Ayane on 24 Jul 2013, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 606 [1] , given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 00:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hey there Ayane!

I really like your profile! I think you have a lot of really strong points and unique ones too, and together that can really be a killer combo!

Pros:
- Thai - Schools do NOT see a lot of Thai candidates, and this will be a pleasure
- Female - This is always good (plus the famous beauty of Thai women will do no harm!)
- Unique Industry - Food
- Unique Studies - Communication Film
- You made a documentary! :)
- Great grades from a great school and a fantastic GMAT

Cons:
Nothing that I can see!

So lots of really great stuff that will really make you a strong candidacy for Top programs. My big question for you is about how exactly you want to proceed with your goals. Right now they seem a bit vague and blurry, and you will need to make them more precise. Also, what is interesting, is that I think you might also fit in nicely in places that have good non-profit programs (is your food idea a non-profit) because schools really DO love people who want to make the world a better place (but at the same time, they want it to be more than just a "dream"). Which schools? I think you would fit well in any of the top 15 schools, so you need to think a bit about what you would like.

The Top schools that first come to mind for you are: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Yale, Kellogg, maybe Columbia and NYU.. (there are other good ones too)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 09:29
Thank you so much for your valuable opinion and the encouragement, Jon! :-D I think I got some ideas here and I'm so grateful for that. Will do more researches on those schools you suggested and also homework about that goal (it's still blurry to me, too..lol). May need more of your advices in the near future! ;D

Ps. Did you just type HBS? Really? I'm not in a dream, am I? lol.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 606 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 10:18
Expert's post
Ayane wrote:
Thank you so much for your valuable opinion and the encouragement, Jon! :-D I think I got some ideas here and I'm so grateful for that. Will do more researches on those schools you suggested and also homework about that goal (it's still blurry to me, too..lol). May need more of your advices in the near future! ;D

Ps. Did you just type HBS? Really? I'm not in a dream, am I? lol.

You are totally welcome!
And who knows? You know sometimes dreams come true!
:)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!