Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my profile.
- American, Male, 26 years old
- University of California, Berkeley graduate with a B.S. in Environmental Sciences (3.3 GPA)
- GMAT 720 94% (Q47 70%, V42 96%, 8 IR, 6 AWA)
- I have been working as a project manager for four years now for a small engineering company (~$40M revenues per year, 40 employees) based in Los Angeles that does military projects (all other personnel within my company and the one-one relationships I deal with at customers (Raytheon, Lockheed, etc) have 10+ years experience before taking on my role).
- Over the past four years, I have managed many multi-million dollar projects as the lead project manager that interfaces directly with customers and suppliers (projects totaling approximately $40M USD in revenues over 4 years)
- I feel like I have strong recommendations and can count on the owner/president and co-owner/vice president of the company I have been employed at for recommendations.
- My goal is to gain a background in business and to work in business development or consulting at a technology company or a green (sustainable) company after finishing my MBA.
- Fluent in Italian, conversational in Spanish
Target schools: Haas, INSEAD, Harvard, Ross, Yale, Duke, Columbia, IE
Thank you for taking the time to review my profile and provide me a some recommendations. If you also have any suggestions as to which schools I should include or exclude from list I would appreciate it. I am interested in pursuing a program internationally (primarily EU) as well as in the US.
Thank you for your time,
Things look pretty good dude. You have the right school on your resume, with good grades, a great GMAT, and what seems to be like pretty good work experience. (Bigger names are usually better, but defense can be a very interesting industry). Given your experience, overall your school list is fair. As an alum of Berkeley I think they should appreciate you, and HBS is a bit of a long-shot, but it's the only one on the list, and they do like Defense/Military folks, so with a great application, who knows?
You might want to get your goals a bit more specific, and since you have worked with all these Defense folks, and since it is considered a pretty darn good industry, why not limit your goals to a Bus Dev position in the Defense industry? It might help you out actually.
Hope this helps,
Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!