Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
livehard wrote:
Thank you very much for your advice. I know you are extremely busy with round 1 deadlines. However, I wanted to give you a profile update and see how/if this improves my chances.

I met with my two immediate superiors recently to discuss writing letters of recommendation. Included in the packet I gave them was a description of what I see as my application weaknesses, a list of what I wanted to show in my application to overcome them, and a number of possible story themes.

Well in the context of this meeting I mentioned that my biggest concern was that my title did not adequately represent my responsibilities (software engineer does not imply leadership roles, company strategy roles, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, or an understanding of, or desire to affect, anything outside the technical aspects of the company). Before this process I had naively supported the company's belief that titles are not important; however, I've come to realize that this makes it much more difficult to substantiate my claims.

Well to make a long story short, as they very much want to support the realization of my goals in any way possible, they decided to work with me to come up with a title that better represents my responsibilities. After some negotiation, the title that I have received is Product Manager. I have also received the responsibility of formulating the company's first formal marketing plan for moving a number of our products into the commercial domain.

Do you believe this significantly improves my profile? Thank you for your invaluable feedback.

livehard,

Yes, it improves your chances in nontrivial ways, but I don't think I'll change my comments on your chances at the specific schools we discussed.

Congratulations,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]