Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation please [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 07:46
Hi,

Since I haven't got any replies of this topic elsewhere, I am posting this here.

About me:
25/Male/Indian

Educational Info:
GMAT:690 (Q:49 V:35)
Undergrad GPA: 3.72 (3rd ranked in Freshman year out of 600 students; Department Rank 15th at graduation)
12th: 85%
10th: 81.6%

Work Experience:

I am working as Assistant systems Engineer in a leading Indian IT company and will have an experience of 4 years by the time I join B-school. I am currently leading a team of 3 people in a Financial domain project (Lloyds Bank). My experience includes an international exposure of almost 1.5 years in UK, working for Lloyds again. Although my profile is very common, I have done executed some critical IT projects for the bank at onsite as Live Project Implementation manager, benefitting millions of customers and leading to over $100 million in profits for the Bank. I am hoping to leverage this aspect of my profile. Do you think it will help??
EC:

College:-
Led college team to many inter-college cricket tournaments, Organized a Technical Competition in Inter-College Fest, secretary of Literary and Debating club in college, judged many singing competitions as a member of Music and Fine Arts club, organized blood donation camps and volunteered for Earth Conservation March.

Post College:-
Organize adventure trips for project team members, a district-level tennis player, captained winning team in Lloyds Football Championship at onsite, member of Lloyds Smile Group etc.

Schools List:-

Belonging to a Family of Chartered Accountants and considering my professional background in Financial domain projects , I am looking to pursue MBA in Finance / Operations(Banking) and hope to become a Project manager in Global Financial Services Firms such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase etc. In the long term, I would like to become a CEO of my own Financial investment firm in India and gradually spread my business globally.

I have selected the following list of colleges to apply:-

University of Notre Dame ( Mendoza)
Minnesota Twin Cities (Carlson)
University of Maryland (Smith)
Texas A&M University (Mays)
Georgia Institute of Technology
University of Texas Austin (McCombs)
University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler)
University of Washington (Foster)
Boston University
University of Florida (Hough)

Can you please tell me that out of these which all colleges will be in my reach and which ones will be tough to get in? I will be shooting for the best 6 colleges from this list.

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9410 [0], given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Profile evaluation please [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 07:54
Expert's post
Moved to where it belongs

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation please [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2009, 09:50
Sorry bb...posted in the wrong place again!!! :)
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation please [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2009, 09:00
You probably have a decent shot at any of the schools you listed. Choose six that you'd love to go to, rather than go with someone else's "best" to do the deciding for you.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Profile evaluation please   [#permalink] 17 Jul 2009, 09:00