, Danmarks Nationalbank (part-time until 1/1/2010, full-time afterwards) 9/1/2009 —
Danmarks Nationalbank is the Danish Central Bank. I am employed in the Capital Markets Division in a section with focus on financial stability. My main responsibilities are:
- Researching the role and significance of the capital adequacy rules in the banking industry.
- Conducting various analysis of the financial stability in Denmark.
- Giving external presentations on a range of topics, including (but not limited to) monetary policy, financial stability and the recent financial crisis.
Student Analyst, Danmarks Nationalbank (part-time) 11/1/2006 — 8/30/2009
Prior to being an economist
at Danmarks Nationalbank I was a student analyst in the same office. A list of my key accom-plishments during this tenure follows:
- Maintained, improved and extended a statistical model of credit risk.
- Carried out individual empirical analysis and also served to assist the economists of the office in their analysis on different financial stability issues.
- Maintained and build databases.
Previous working history summarized 1999 — 10/30/2006
I have worked part-time jobs more or less continuously since 1999 (except for one year breaks at the beginning of college and undergrad, respectively). In addition to the positions mentioned above I have worked as student employee at the National Board of Health, student employee at GE Money Bank, telemarketer at Politiken (Danish newspaper), receptionist at Textware A/S (Danish IT-company) and service employee at Kvickly (Danish supermarket).ACTIVITIES
- Voluntary leader of activities at a study café Danish Red Cross. I have led a team of 21 volunteers since 08/01/2009. The aim of the study café is to help immigrant children with their homework. During my tenure as leader we have experienced an increase in the number of children attending the initiative and I have increased the number of volunteers from 15 to 21. I was a volunteer at this initiative for 9 months prior to being appointed as leader.
- Social engagement at University of Copenhagen. During my 5 years at University of Copenhagen I have been a tutor (helping new students) twice, mentor for an international student once and, finally, I have been engaged at the introductory program for new students fivefold.
- Military duty. I served my military duty at the Danish Emergency Management Agency from December 2004 – June 2005. During this period I became a trained firefighter, paramedic and rescuer. Moreover, I was the Representative of Welfare of my team. EDUCATION
M.Sc. in Economics, University of Copenhagen 07/01/2007-02/01/2010 (expected)
University of Copenhagen is globally ranked as 36th best university in Social Sciences (7th in Europe) at topuniversities.com. I am currently working on my master thesis which concludes my masters-degree. My major accomplishments thus far during my masters are:
- A current GPA of 10.73 (out of 12) which puts me in the 99th percentile of the Economics students at the university.
- Getting nominated twice for the McKinsey Prize for Best Economic Seminar Paper (fall 2008 and spring 2009).
- Taking one semester of my M.Sc. at UNL (Universidade Nova de Lisboa) in Lisbon, Portugal.
B.Sc. in Economics, University of Copenhagen 07/01/2004-06/31/2007
I have landed a fellowship in Copenhagen which gives me $50K for Darden specifically! Upon researching their program, I'm very enthusiastic about it. My interest are finance and GM and I do like the idea of the case method. Furthermore the $50K and many positive personal accounts of Darden (due to the fellowship) certainly appear on the 'pros'-side as well.
The only thing I'm a little worried about is school reputation. Do you guys think that I should go for one of the ultra elites, and do I even stand a chance there?